GS Currency hidden if on 0

_Sinrai_

Hey,

We are now past GS5 and my currency tab looks like this:

image.png.7c2b8597ffa3ea963144653bf4f939e8.png

Wouldn't it be nice if those would disappear? I'm at max reputation, so I'm not needing those at all.
All they do is clutter the list for me, making it longer to find what I'm looking for.

cheers

• Like 2

Or better yet, make them all the same (or at least interchangeable), so a) we only have one line for said currencies (if they are all the same), and b) one could continue earning the currency and gain reputation with a faction they haven't maxed out yet at a normal pace vs snail pace and not be limited to a specific companion. From the story perspective, there is no reason these factions can't be competing for the same (rare and valuable) currency.

10 hours ago, _Sinrai_ said:

Hey,

We are now past GS5 and my currency tab looks like this:

image.png.7c2b8597ffa3ea963144653bf4f939e8.png

Wouldn't it be nice if those would disappear? I'm at max reputation, so I'm not needing those at all.
All they do is clutter the list for me, making it longer to find what I'm looking for.

cheers

I honestly wished they'd offer New Seasons, with New Rewards sure, yet used the same older currency to advance Reputation.  So those that didn't previously earn the (max) Reputation could have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th chance to do so?  It also limit how many currencies you see.

• If you'd maxed your Reputation in Previous Season, when New Season Launches with Old Currency; increase (max) to 900 with [Weekly] still 200.
  • Then in time you could perhaps buy 1-2 additional Legendary Seasonal Rewards, if you didn't require the Reputation. 

Then it's a WIN/WIN, as they shouldn't continue to add Season Currencies as more than 5 just gets to be too many!  

Edited by Strathkin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Strathkin said:

I honestly wished they'd offer New Seasons, with New Rewards sure, yet used the same older currency to advance Reputation.  So those that didn't previously earn the (max) Reputation could have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th chance to do so.  

• If you'd maxed your Reputation in Previous Season, when New Season Launches with Old Currency; increase (max) to 900 with [Weekly] still 200.
  • Then in time you could perhaps buy 1-2 additional Legendary Seasonal Rewards, if you didn't require the Reputation. 

Then it's a WIN/WIN, as they shouldn't continue to add Season Currencies as more than 5 just gets to be too many!  

I’d be against this just because I like having a new rep to advance with each season.  I’m usually maxed out on all the other reps and therefore unable to get the associated conquest points for them.  

Edited by Darcmoon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Strathkin said:

I honestly wished they'd offer New Seasons, with New Rewards sure, yet used the same older currency to advance Reputation.  So those that didn't previously earn the (max) Reputation could have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th chance to do so?  It also limit how many currencies you see.

I like this idea a lot!

It would also help people like me who got a permanently stuck season reputation and not having the companion of that season to get more currency, its very frustrating 😔

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

I’d be against this just because I like having a new rep to advance with each season.  I’m usually maxed out on all the other reps and therefore unable to get the associated conquest points for them.  

I think they could still add new reputation, even if it would share the currency of old season!

Like 1 currency for 2 different reputations.

1 hour ago, Kristallia said:

I think they could still add new reputation, even if it would share the currency of old season!

Like 1 currency for 2 different reputations.

Exactly, the only thing is you'd have to decide is where to put your currency do you use toward the old reputation, or the new one; it just depend on your focus at that time.  So 2, or 3 different terminals might in future use same currency.  Most people I'd suspect first focus on finishing the New Reputation, then once they finished they'd use any overflow to help perhaps an Older Reputation perhaps.  Or others may care more about 2, or 3 Titles from old Season, and may not care about Titles in New Season, at least you'd have options to decide where to progress.  That's not any different from events today, they always repeat or have opportunities for catch-up. 

This doesn't prevent you from earning the New Seasonal Rewards, as the Reputation advancement mostly earns the Titles, except for the final Legendary Reward at the End.  All unearned Reward's will only be available via the Non-Seasonal Reward Vendor, or those from the Current Season the Galactic Season's Vendor.

1 hour ago, Kristallia said:

I like this idea a lot!

It would also help people like me who got a permanently stuck season reputation and not having the companion of that season to get more currency, its very frustrating 😔

I know they said with today's patch they were improving drop rates for old currencies, yet I suspect it's still very slow...  ...before you're lucky if 1 drops in 3-7 hours before.  Granted your more likely to earn them during Heroic's, Flashpoints, Operations or World Bosses, and while I haven't done any of those today, I'm still at 3 dark spores despite playing for Several hours today, so not 1 yet today...  

It's a much cleaner way to limit currencies, stick to just 5!  Otherwise, as the OP said, he wants to get rid of the 5 he doesn't need any longer for currency; in future that could be 9, 11 or who knows even more.  *sigh*

Edited by Strathkin

7 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Exactly, the only thing is you'd have to decide is where to put your currency do you use toward the old reputation, or the new one; it just depend on your focus at that time.  So 2, or 3 different terminals might in future use same currency.  Most people I'd suspect first focus on finishing the New Reputation, then once they finished they'd use any overflow to help perhaps an Older Reputation perhaps.  Or others may care more about 2, or 3 Titles from old Season, and may not care about Titles in New Season, at least you'd have options to decide where to progress.  That's not any different from events today, they always repeat or have opportunities for catch-up. 

This doesn't prevent you from earning the New Seasonal Rewards, as the Reputation advancement mostly earns the Titles, except for the final Legendary Reward at the End.  All unearned Reward's will only be available via the Non-Seasonal Reward Vendor, or those from the Current Season the Galactic Season's Vendor.

I know they said with today's patch they were improving drop rates for old currencies, yet I suspect it's still very slow...  ...before you're lucky if 1 drops in 3-7 hours before.  Granted your more likely to earn them during Heroic's, Flashpoints, Operations or World Bosses, and while I haven't done any of those today, I'm still at 3 dark spores despite playing for Several hours today, so not 1 yet today...  

It's a much cleaner way to limit currencies, stick to just 5!  Otherwise, as the OP said, he wants to get rid of the 5 he doesn't need any longer for currency; in future that could be 9, 11 or who knows even more.  *sigh*

The issue with using the same items for two different rep items is that it isn’t something they’ve done before.  Look at the issue they have had with the previous season items dropping.  I doubt that just because they brought back items for use in another rep that they wouldn’t mess up the drop rate again.  Or they could mix it up and require Phalanx to get the items but for anyone who never got her they are SOL. I’ll also admit it wouldn’t make much sense to me since the items have all been themed around the season. 

7 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

The issue with using the same items for two different rep items is that it isn’t something they’ve done before. 

Yea I was just saying it would be nice if they could limit the currency to perhaps 5 at most, then let people decide which Reputations they wanted to Advance.  Then at least you'd have a reason to continue to see the older currency, it would just depend upon which Season used which.  

Yet in the last Season they didn't even offer a Companion to increase your chances of a Dark Spore dropping, so that is actually more concerning to me because I barely made it over Champion.  Yet despite the claim they were increasing Drop Rates with 7.4b I suspect the change will still be minor, and it's going to take a very LONG time to finally achieve Top-Secret in Masters Secret Army.  I'd very much like that Title, sadly I just came back about a month and a half after the last Season started.

Edited by Strathkin

3 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Yea I was just saying it would be nice if they could limit the currency to perhaps 5 at most, then let people decide which Reputations they wanted to Advance.  Then at least you'd have a reason to continue to see the older currency, it would just depend upon which Season used which.

Do you mean each item (ex ‘note of reflection’) being used for 5 different reps or 5 different rep items total and all the future GS reps using them?  Like I said it’s not something they’ve done before and not sure they could do it.  Even if they could what would you suggest for the items when players don’t have and never got the associated companion?

3 hours ago, Strathkin said:

Yet in the last Season they didn't even offer a Companion to increase your chances of a Dark Spore dropping, so that is actually more concerning to me because I barely made it over Champion.  Yet despite the claim they were increasing Drop Rates with 7.4b I suspect the change will still be minor, and it's going to take a very LONG time to finally achieve Top-Secret in Masters Secret Army.  I'd very much like that Title, sadly I just came back about a month and a half after the last Season started.

They decided they didn’t want to give us a comp last season and make it so we only got drops when no comp was out (minus FPS, OPs, and GS objectives). The Braza’s gifts (sp?) was supposed to increase the drop rate but they never seemed to work for me. Even then I think the drop rates on the spores was messed up from the very beginning and not dropping as often as they were supposed to. Either that or they planned for you to get them from GS objectives even more than previous seasons.  Maybe as a way of forcing people to do objectives even after they hit level 100. 

1 hour ago, Darcmoon said:

Do you mean each item (ex ‘note of reflection’) being used for 5 different reps or 5 different rep items total and all the future GS reps using them?  Like I said it’s not something they’ve done before and not sure they could do it.  Even if they could what would you suggest for the items when players don’t have and never got the associated companion?

Well yes:

• Note of Reflection, slowly add a second Reputation using same currency, then later in time perhaps a third.