#Cancel Huttball

Tulfix

My biggest gripe with all the pvp maps but seems to happen more in Huttball is people just go for duels and 1v1's. I've been in matches where i'd have people laugh at me for trying. to. win.

Stealth in the endzone is a strategy, just like using the force to knock people off the platform, please get your pants untwisted over that. 

I keep having to take more and more breaks from pvp just for the shear amount of jerks who keep doing their best to ruin playing a game, in a game swearing at others because "they suck" ect.

I've played mmo's since Everquest came out, they are my favorite type of video games but the amount of jerks in this one seems to have grown, or, they just got more concentrated after pushing out everyone else. It's not Huttball, it's not specific maps, it's the culture esp the pvp culture. Also ironically these are the same types who complained so much about ranked they ended up getting ranked removed which is usually where they'd play anyways and leave the rest of us who actually like working wit a team in between saving the galaxy, to win a fun little pick up game.

That all being said, Odessa doesn't pop as much as I'd like, just saying.

13 hours ago, YaddleTwo said:

My biggest gripe with all the pvp maps but seems to happen more in Huttball is people just go for duels and 1v1's. I've been in matches where i'd have people laugh at me for trying. to. win.

Stealth in the endzone is a strategy, just like using the force to knock people off the platform, please get your pants untwisted over that. 

I keep having to take more and more breaks from pvp just for the shear amount of jerks who keep doing their best to ruin playing a game, in a game swearing at others because "they suck" ect.

I've played mmo's since Everquest came out, they are my favorite type of video games but the amount of jerks in this one seems to have grown, or, they just got more concentrated after pushing out everyone else. It's not Huttball, it's not specific maps, it's the culture esp the pvp culture. Also ironically these are the same types who complained so much about ranked they ended up getting ranked removed which is usually where they'd play anyways and leave the rest of us who actually like working wit a team in between saving the galaxy, to win a fun little pick up game.

That all being said, Odessa doesn't pop as much as I'd like, just saying.

Stealth in the endzone doesn't really do anything if your team doesn't control mid, and if you just hide out there the whole time, your team is going to have a harder time winning mid because they're essentially down a player. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2024 at 3:31 PM, dftu said:

Stealth in the endzone doesn't really do anything if your team doesn't control mid, and if you just hide out there the whole time, your team is going to have a harder time winning mid because they're essentially down a player. 

It's a strategy that someone in a previous post was complaining about and I was stating my personal opinion on it. Also it is a strategy that has won many a game i've been in but what really wins games is people actually trying to win the game and not just playing swordfight was my point.

Hutt ball isn't broken at all, the issues stem from a lack of skill for many ppl and not knowing how to play the map. 

Point has been made stealth in end zone isn't an issue if ur team is controlling mid, meaning u have to pass dps checks. Even if a tank happens to get the ball, there are a multitude of ways to keep the tank from ever getting near an area where he can make a pass if ur using ur abilities correctly and the team is pumping out enough dmg. 

Reality is the skill level is low overall in pvp these days, so ur gonna run into problems periodically. I don't think it has anything to do with the way the warzone functions (Quesh being thr obvious outlier). 

Edited by Samcuu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Huttball was a gamemode designed in a older era of SWTOR's lifespan. desync alone makes huttball broken, i've lost many a game because of a op rolling down a ledge or down a ramp and just vanishing. Then put on top of that double 40 meter double grapple on PT's, 40s entrench + holotraverse + triple rolling engies, PW + sorc pulls, friendly leaps and massive unCCable directional abilities. I am a fan of huttball myself but to call it not broken and blame everything on "lack of skill" is just shortsighted. 

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love HB.  HB makes the SWTOR PvP unique and that's the only reason I play this MMO. (I know nobody cares, just saying) It requires mor skills than a regular WZ and that's why bad players hate it. Most PvP players are terrible, and it becomes obvious in HB. Since bads will be bads, just let players choose between WZs.   Three options: WZ, HB or Arrena and problem solved.

• Like 1