Call for NO credit transfer to Shea Vizla

Dylanof

39 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

This is bs. Of course people have 5 to 10 times of that. But the people that have this amount of credits, have made credits on other servers as well, and highly likely already own these items. They are simply not interested in buying them anymore, especially when they prioritize other things over some bling atm.

Not sure why you are being so offended regarding how much people have or people putting effort into the game ? Talking in very specific scenarios focusing on yourself alone rather than a community as a whole. I'm sorry you may not have as much time to play as other people doesn't make my points invalid. 

Question: What percentage of people do you think on the server are new or returning after a long time ?

44 minutes ago, Darcmoon said:

I'm not talking about the economy on SV.  I have no characters on that server and not sure if I ever will.  I am talking about the credit consolidation you mentioned.  Please read what I said again.  It was how I would feel at that point, granted only if I didn't quit as soon as they announced what they were planning.  There were also the items I mentioned that would immediately be out of most peoples price ranges unless they wanted to drop all of their credits for an item or two.  

No i completely understood your statement please re read after the consolidation idea there is no need to change the prices at all. It will help to reduce at a large scale the inflation in the market so yes in a way the prices will have increase by a certain percentage but then that would allow wiggle room to lower the rate of deflation though price controls.

But at this point it is a hypothetical and was a thought bubble from over a year ago(good thread check it out) and would love to get back to the central topic Shea Vizla currency transfers.

42 minutes ago, SoontirMorillo said:

If you had written "I don't have that kind of money" instead of "no one has that kind of money", i would have never commented on your post. I just pointed out your error. Learn to deal with the truth.

I really don't make it a habit of asking people how much money they have. You seem to be doing so though as you know how much the every player must have by your previous statements.

People ask me for advice i give it and atm with out a solid answer regarding this issue. i am storing credits in items of value to hedge against inflation. 

My take on this is that I'm actually all for this. However, I also understand that there are people who want to have some form of credit transfer as well. Maybe not all of their credits but at least part of it. That being said, if there is no credit transfer then, as I've suggested earlier, people should at least still be compensated or given incentive of some form to make up for credit and items they haven't brought to SV. I would actually propose a month or so of 2x, 3x or even 5x exp/drop rate. By drop rate of course that would mean 5 item as well as credit drop by mobs and enemy NPCs. IMO something like one month of 5x exp/drop rate would be more than enough incentive and compensation--that would allow many people to level quickly as well as recover their credits as well. On the downside, inflation would become an issue as well if ever. There should be some form of balance as well then to mitigate inflation. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 7:44 AM, Jarcen said:

My take on this is that I'm actually all for this. However, I also understand that there are people who want to have some form of credit transfer as well. Maybe not all of their credits but at least part of it. That being said, if there is no credit transfer then, as I've suggested earlier, people should at least still be compensated or given incentive of some form to make up for credit and items they haven't brought to SV. I would actually propose a month or so of 2x, 3x or even 5x exp/drop rate. By drop rate of course that would mean 5 item as well as credit drop by mobs and enemy NPCs. IMO something like one month of 5x exp/drop rate would be more than enough incentive and compensation--that would allow many people to level quickly as well as recover their credits as well. On the downside, inflation would become an issue as well if ever. There should be some form of balance as well then to mitigate inflation. 

Thanks for such a positive post.

I do like you brought a solution, I would say isn't their entire unlocked legacy is the reward where people who started on SV are unlocking each section as a credit sink. I did have a conversation yesterday with someone who had 100b on SS, for him it mainly the achievements and achievement mounts that people want to bring over which i totally understand. Surprisingly he didn't want the money for similar reasons to myself.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 1:44 PM, Jarcen said:

Players are not being forced to transfer. Server transfer is a QOL option. Compensation for “lost” credits are not required, especially since they are still usable on source server.  APAC player have, in my opinion, a justifiable argument for discounted or free transfers (which I feel they will get in some form) but BS does not have a legal obligation to give them those. If you don’t believe me read the TOS and Cartel Coin Purchase Disclaimer.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 5:14 PM, Jdast said:

I have not slithered into the swamp that is the ongoing debate about how to handle the transfer of characters, legacies, credits, etc., to Shae Vizla for a simple reason: I live in the USA and am very, very happy on Star Forge. I think it would be pretty obnoxious, dare I say arrogant, for me to tell APAC-based players what should happen to / with their regional server when the outcome doesn't impact me in the slightest. All of my equities lie solely within the geographic confines of NA servers and Star Forge specifically. 

Read into the above paragraph what you will.

Suffice it to say, the moment there is the announcement of any type of credit wipe / asset deterioration / even an escrow fund, is the moment I pilot my fabulous pleasure barge into a Sarlacc Pit at light speed, hit the 'unsubscribe' button and never look back.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

well said, very well said.

im European and very happy with Darth Malgus server, im not rich and don't get into gtn stuff often and this isn't affecting my gameplay in the slightest, i realize that inflation is an issue but mine or anyone elses gameplay and servers shouldn't be ruined becuse of this, stripping some of us of what little credits we have also isn't fair and neither is getting rid of servers we play on, so overall this suggestion would just make me stop playing at least for some time and if server transfer wasn't free then i'd just quit altogether.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

if server transfer wasn't free then i'd just quit altogether.

Server transfers are not free (except 1, and I'm not sure if that was offered to every player.) Once again Transfers are QOL option no player is being forced to transfer from a currently/remaining active server. Thus compensation for lost items/credit are not required. There would not be any lost or unusable items/credits simply because a transfer restriction was implemented. (Why would you leave the game if transfers were not free? Why do you want to transfer away from DM? I imagine most people leaving the severs they currently are on are trying to gain an advantage/benefit they don't currently have on said source servers)

I agree that zero credits with transfers is not a smart move for PR, but Inflation does impact retention (I don't have the numbers to give you any real percentage, but it is a BS focus point for a reason). Not addressing the real impact the influx of credits could/would have would be unwise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

(Why would you leave the game if transfers were not free? Why do you want to transfer away from DM? I imagine most people leaving the severs they currently are on are trying to gain an advantage/benefit they don't currently have on said source servers)

I imagine that most of them live in that region.  As such they want to transfer there for the lower amount of lag.  That’s the benefit for them of playing on SV.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

Server transfers are not free (except 1, and I'm not sure if that was offered to every player.) Once again Transfers are QOL option no player is being forced to transfer from a currently/remaining active server. Thus compensation for lost items/credit are not required. There would not be any lost or unusable items/credits simply because a transfer restriction was implemented. (Why would you leave the game if transfers were not free? Why do you want to transfer away from DM? I imagine most people leaving the severs they currently are on are trying to gain an advantage/benefit they don't currently have on said source servers)

I agree that zero credits with transfers is not a smart move for PR, but Inflation does impact retention (I don't have the numbers to give you any real percentage, but it is a BS focus point for a reason). Not addressing the real impact the influx of credits could/would have would be unwise.

you misunderstood im not debating how much this would fix inflation and im not talking about current transfers im talking about idea thread owner offered, one of which is a free transfer, i already don't like that but it would at least be reasonable if it was necessary but if i was forced to go to another server becuse someone else screwed up the economy way before i started playing on a new server where my guild and half of friends might never come to and THEN also had to pay CC i'd just quit becuse thats essentially punishing me and others like me for some GTN things we're not even invovled in.

38 minutes ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

you misunderstood im not debating how much this would fix inflation and im not talking about current transfers im talking about idea thread owner offered, one of which is a free transfer, i already don't like that but it would at least be reasonable if it was necessary but if i was forced to go to another server becuse someone else screwed up the economy way before i started playing on a new server where my guild and half of friends might never come to and THEN also had to pay CC i'd just quit becuse thats essentially punishing me and others like me for some GTN things we're not even invovled in.

G'day mate,

I think you misunderstood my original post and invite you to go back and read it for yourself rather than an interpretation from another user.

The initial idea is that SV is basically a test case for future methods to curve the inflation on the older/original servers. Being that the inflation is so bad on the older servers and bioware had spent time to develop this new server technology for amazon cloud based servers(ACB) it offered a unique opportunity to fix the economy with free transfers to newer ACB servers with one provisio no credits you would have your collections/ you can restart your guild and work with each other to build it all out again. 

There was no malice in my suggestion just a thought bubble but the original thread idea is to ask Broadsword and the devs to consider no currency transfers to SV. 

The slogan is Bring your toon and legacy but not your credits. Inflation is well handled on the SV economy and if you feel you don't have the time to relevel or want to show off your wings etc bring your toon. the credit sinks that are in place repair fees, strongholds, gear cost and STN fees are keeping a good handle on inflation. and the game has allowed us to put effort into the game and be rewarded for that time unlike the other servers.

I invite anyone to come along and bring your ideas.

38 minutes ago, Dylanof said:

G'day mate,

I think you misunderstood my original post and invite you to go back and read it for yourself rather than an interpretation from another user.

The initial idea is that SV is basically a test case for future methods to curve the inflation on the older/original servers. Being that the inflation is so bad on the older servers and bioware had spent time to develop this new server technology for amazon cloud based servers(ACB) it offered a unique opportunity to fix the economy with free transfers to newer ACB servers with one provisio no credits you would have your collections/ you can restart your guild and work with each other to build it all out again. 

There was no malice in my suggestion just a thought bubble but the original thread idea is to ask Broadsword and the devs to consider no currency transfers to SV. 

The slogan is Bring your toon and legacy but not your credits. Inflation is well handled on the SV economy and if you feel you don't have the time to relevel or want to show off your wings etc bring your toon. the credit sinks that are in place repair fees, strongholds, gear cost and STN fees are keeping a good handle on inflation. and the game has allowed us to put effort into the game and be rewarded for that time unlike the other servers.

I invite anyone to come along and bring your ideas.

like i've said its not about inflation and im not debating that, i already said it doesn't really affect me that much and i admittedly don't know ways to fix it so you might as well be right that this is correct way to fix it, im not debating that but im talking about natural issues of something like server transfers. a lot of things change in a year, a lot of people might not want or might even not be able to transfer servers (lag could be an issue for example), entire guilds could die this way, friendships and groups destroyed, its not just as easy as "log into this other server" for everyone for various reasons another issue is actually taking credits away becuse some people might've worked hard to get them and now their credits are being taken away again becuse of someone elses mistakes not all of us are rich and our credits are being taken back to zero, while this might be a fun opportunity to game more for you and some people for others this would be unfair and there would probably be massive backlash you need to expect that not everyone has billions or wants to start from a stratch even if its just credits.

People are buying credits from gold farmers. Not letting people transfer with credits puts them at a disadvantage. Stop desperately grasping at the fleeting dream of a non inflated economy. It's only delaying the inevitable. Either the server will shut down, or people will buy credits and inflate things that way. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kamylle said:

People are buying credits from gold farmers. Not letting people transfer with credits puts them at a disadvantage.

This would be a reason not to allow transfers. Last time I checked it was $4 for 100,000,000 credits Non APAC zone and $17 For 1,000,000. I would assume people would spend $4 and wait for transfers rather then drop $17, especially since you can get 1 million credit after around 40 heroics and 100 million after about 4000. (It’s actually less it you factor in drops, bonus, and selling loot from reward crates and the credit in them.)

3 hours ago, Kamylle said:

Stop desperately grasping at the fleeting dream of a non inflated economy. It's only delaying the inevitable. Either the server will shut down, or people will buy credits and inflate things that way. 

It will take a couple of years to catch up to the inflation on other servers if credits are blocked or limited, especially with the new sinks. If BS took the initiative it could take longer.

Edited by AFadedMemory
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kamylle said:

People are buying credits from gold farmers. Not letting people transfer with credits puts them at a disadvantage. Stop desperately grasping at the fleeting dream of a non inflated economy. It's only delaying the inevitable. Either the server will shut down, or people will buy credits and inflate things that way. 

If you have knowledge of people buying credits from gold sellers you have an obligation to report the buyer so the GM can trace the money train and ban the seller and producer.

On 1/12/2024 at 3:14 AM, Jdast said:

I have not slithered into the swamp that is the ongoing debate about how to handle the transfer of characters, legacies, credits, etc., to Shae Vizla for a simple reason: I live in the USA and am very, very happy on Star Forge. I think it would be pretty obnoxious, dare I say arrogant, for me to tell APAC-based players what should happen to / with their regional server when the outcome doesn't impact me in the slightest. All of my equities lie solely within the geographic confines of NA servers and Star Forge specifically. 

Read into the above paragraph what you will.

Suffice it to say, the moment there is the announcement of any type of credit wipe / asset deterioration / even an escrow fund, is the moment I pilot my fabulous pleasure barge into a Sarlacc Pit at light speed, hit the 'unsubscribe' button and never look back.

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

10000000% what Dasty said 👆

4 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

10000000% what Dasty said 👆

Dasty seems to forget that APAC players have been on the US Servers for the past 10 years with only a brief period of time were we had an set of APAC servers.

That said it was a thought bubble for comment and seems that there will be limited transfers. I invite you to check out my new thread where i broke down what a toon would need to get started on the SV server. 

Credit transfer limits to SV.  I would love to see your feedback over there.