Unpopular Opinion: Rework Flashpoints to Remove Cheese Strategies

YshtolaRhul

I've been playing around two months. And gotta say, this is just getting old.

Some places, yeah it's okay to skip.
Others, it takes longer to do the BS cheese strategies to avoid the fights, than the fights themselves would have taken.

Athiss was a good start, now focus on the rest of them.
Was just in Cademimu.

The group I was with jumped the ledge in part of it, leading to the fight with the Ugnaut adds that spawn. I was doing the elevator and didn't see them.

So a couple died to come all the way back up via respawn, to show me the jump. And I inadvertently triggered the enemies anyways.

Similarly near the end "Run all the way to the end" to drag all the enemy spawns along until the tethers break.

Funny part was, the one saying that died, afaik, three of us made it, then went back and cleared the room where you redirect the rockets.

The one who died came back through dragging all the enemies once again. And we ended up killing them.

But...honestly if we'd just done the fights to begin with, very little time would have been saved.

And stuff like this just needs to be addressed. Not saying ALL need to be removed. Certain places, jumping a railing and bypassing 2-3 enemies, I don't care about that. It's easy and quick and killing them is unnecessary.

The ones I take issue with are like the Balcony in Athiss. Something not as easy to achieve, and you're not saving any overall.

• Like 1

balcony in athiss isn't good comparsion to cademimu, its bad that they removed athiss becuse it was easy to learn and saved everyones time, i do agree cademimu one is very difficult and i myself screwed up there few times, however just becuse me or you can't do it doesn't mean we should make others gameplay more difficult, honestly some of these even add to realism and if you can't do them then most groups will just help you fight or go to WB, kill it and you'll respawn to where they did all the hard work, win-win for everyone.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat

On 12/17/2023 at 9:39 PM, YshtolaRhul said:

I've been playing around two months. And gotta say, this is just getting old.

Some places, yeah it's okay to skip.
Others, it takes longer to do the BS cheese strategies to avoid the fights, than the fights themselves would have taken.

Athiss was a good start, now focus on the rest of them.
Was just in Cademimu.

The group I was with jumped the ledge in part of it, leading to the fight with the Ugnaut adds that spawn. I was doing the elevator and didn't see them.

So a couple died to come all the way back up via respawn, to show me the jump. And I inadvertently triggered the enemies anyways.

Similarly near the end "Run all the way to the end" to drag all the enemy spawns along until the tethers break.

Funny part was, the one saying that died, afaik, three of us made it, then went back and cleared the room where you redirect the rockets.

The one who died came back through dragging all the enemies once again. And we ended up killing them.

But...honestly if we'd just done the fights to begin with, very little time would have been saved.

And stuff like this just needs to be addressed. Not saying ALL need to be removed. Certain places, jumping a railing and bypassing 2-3 enemies, I don't care about that. It's easy and quick and killing them is unnecessary.

The ones I take issue with are like the Balcony in Athiss. Something not as easy to achieve, and you're not saving any overall.

Oh yeah. I was so happy when that Athiss skip was added, because I rarely managed to make the jump. People got stuck on it, /stuck has a cooldown, and in some cases someone ran to the boss and pulled with while others were still trying to jump, so jumping became even harder in combat.

I've never been able to make the Cademimu jump either. I usually try to rush there asap so I can pull the mobs before anyone gets any ideas of jumping. It's not like there are that many mobs to even kill, trying to skip them takes way more time if someone fails the jump.