Patch Download Stuck

sharpenedstick

On 12/7/2023 at 10:54 AM, sharpenedstick said:

Stuck with 67.62mb left. Re-starting doesn't help. Anyone else encounter this?

I use the normal (non-steam) client.

Hey,

Having the same issue. I've cross-commented on the EA forums as well.

My download won't even begin. It stops seconds after logging into the client. The speed starts off strong (~8MB/sec), then drops off until it stops altogether. My wifi is fine. I have space both in C:\ and my destination drive. I'm really unsure what to do shy of a clean reinstall, which I'm not crazy about.

Any changes on your end, OP?

Appreciate the attempted assist. I have over 100gb free on the install drive, and even after disabling the firewall and anti-virus (it's just the built in widows stuff), no luck.

Really don't want to have to re-install via steam, but I guess that is an option if all else fails. If I do have to re-install using steam, will my keybindings and stuff carry over?

42 minutes ago, sharpenedstick said:

Really don't want to have to re-install via steam, but I guess that is an option if all else fails.

If I do have to re-install using steam, will my keybindings and stuff carry over?

i believe those are held server-side now,  if you've saved them in-game already with that tiny ui editor clicky button next to charactor portrait.

Also, see this  related post from 2022 -->  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/919869-70-follow-up/?do=findComment&comment=9692225  which should still apply ( i think ) .   Pretty sure you can also  save  game settings & profiles  by copy/pasting  that folder from wherever  SWTOR is stored , but i can't remember exactly  how/where.

Edited by Nee-Elder
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Pretty sure you can also  save  game settings & profiles  by copy/pasting  that folder from wherever  SWTOR is stored

GUI and keybindings are saved in the following path (with the non-steam client):

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

Keybindings, iirc, must be saved from the game, otherwise this folder is empty. GUIs do not need to be exported.

If I had to guess, Steam will have an AppData folder path similar where SWTOR items are stowed away. I'll check my wife's files later to confirm, since she runs through Steam.

--

11 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

normally when i see a patch being stuck at so many mb left on multiple attempts it is due to the antivirus or they have run out of hdd space

As I stated in my comment, I have plenty of room on the drives, though I appreciate your feedback.

Last night, I also tried disabling my anti-virus just to see if that would change anything (though this would be an odd problem, given none of my software or settings have changed, and this is the first time I'm having an issue with a patch). I tried the "compatibility mode" fix that works for other client problems. Nothing has corrected the issue.

6 minutes ago, galexy-astra said:

Last night, I also tried disabling my anti-virus just to see if that would change anything (though this would be an odd problem, given none of my software or settings have changed, and this is the first time I'm having an issue with a patch). I tried the "compatibility mode" fix that works for other client problems. Nothing has corrected th

I had the same issue, and it just fixed itself on rebooting my machine. Not sure if you've tried that, but it worked for me.

4 minutes ago, sharpenedstick said:

I had the same issue, and it just fixed itself on rebooting my machine. Not sure if you've tried that, but it worked for me.

You're saying rebooting your PC fixed your download problem?

I've rebooted my PC a couple times throughout the process to have settings changes stick. No change on my end, unfortunately.