Complaining about maintenance again post #372

Spitsworth

1 hour ago, Spitsworth said:

You completely ignored what I said because you can't defend scheduling maintenance for peak time in their new market.

Maintenance times in almost every MMO is scheduled for the benefit of US players. In this case, that is clearly poor planning as they literally just launched in Asia this week. Having 2 maintenances in 2 days during peak hours is going to lose them a lot of their new players in that region because their new customers' first experiences with the game are crucial to keeping them. 

Well to be fair the most popular MMO are generally made in the US. No company is going to want to have employee's coming in at really insane hours to work to deploy a patch. Look at all the Overtime (or extra pay for odd hours) they'd have to pay out then. 

They do the patches when it's best for that company. If it's in the US, expect the downtime to be during US working hours. It's as simple as that.

1 hour ago, Toraak said:

Well to be fair the most popular MMO are generally made in the US. No company is going to want to have employee's coming in at really insane hours to work to deploy a patch. Look at all the Overtime (or extra pay for odd hours) they'd have to pay out then. 

They do the patches when it's best for that company. If it's in the US, expect the downtime to be during US working hours. It's as simple as that.

Maybe - just maybe - it would be a good idea not to do maintenance at a convenient time for the US when you've just expanded into the Asia Pacific market and are trying to build a base there. Maybe it would be good business sense not to put maintenance at prime time in your new market when you're trying to attract and keep new players in that region. Maybe it would be a good idea to have maintenance at a time that isn't during peak playtime hours for the new customers you're trying to gain and retain, just for a month or two at least.

38 minutes ago, Spitsworth said:

Maybe - just maybe - it would be a good idea not to do maintenance at a convenient time for the US when you've just expanded into the Asia Pacific market and are trying to build a base there. Maybe it would be good business sense not to put maintenance at prime time in your new market when you're trying to attract and keep new players in that region. Maybe it would be a good idea to have maintenance at a time that isn't during peak playtime hours for the new customers you're trying to gain and retain, just for a month or two at least.

I'm going to be 100% blunt here. I am always on during the maintenance hours myself. With that being said, I feel that me having to be out of game means nothing. If it's a better time for those that are WORKING on the game (meaning it's their Real life JOB), then that is when the maintenance should be. 

If some players are inconvenienced by this, that's a YOU issue. Get over it. It's not always about YOU. Life doesn't revolve around any of us as individuals. As another poster said no matter when they put maintenance it will inconvenience some.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spitsworth said:

I think you are dodging the point because you can't admit I'm right about this.

Scheduling maintenance for peak time in their new market in the first week of launch is a very dumb decision.

I’m an APAC player and they haven’t scheduled any maintenance at peak APAC time. 

7 hours ago, Drew_Braxton said:

If it is any consolation, this has become a Christmas tradition.  

We are very lucky they launched on time otherwise we would have had to live with the problems until January as they seem to take a huge amount of time (like government scale time) off towards the end of December.  I my opinion, except the crashes and horrendous new GTN, this launch was smoother than prior December launches.  

lol, unfortunately very true