340 Item deconstrruction not working

Kheldyn

Hi,

I got the mission to deconstruct a 340 item from Hyde and Zeek for the Artifact gearings, but when i deconstructed a piece of 340 flashpoint gear the quest didn't progress, and i lost both the piece of gear and all the materials used to buy, and upgrade it.

Yes, that's the point. FP stuff can't be purple, no matter the ilvl, it remains bleu while artifact=purple=e.g. ops stuff

You have to deconstruct 340 purple, no need for 344, and the color has nothing to do with max ilvl, for example, pvp stuff is purple and is the most limitating in ilvl

Edited by GuigeekRhadamant

Just for clarification, previously in getting 336 blue Fp gearings from Hyde and Zeek only required a 336 item,  that was for both prototype, and artifact versions. So did they completely change it with 7.4 update, is it one of things that 7.4a will fix, because if as you said that i need a purple 340 item to get the 340 gearings, then i might as well just work towards getting a full set of 344 rakata gear, and skip 340 gear all together.

Yes, you need to have somewhere in your hold a rakata item (mostly 336), you use 120 or so tokens to get it to 340 then deconstruct it and voilà ! you have access to the 340 stuff. With a full 340 stuff it's easier to get to 344 since you'll get 340 items in NiM ops, meaning you'll have to up them only twice each, which is way easier/cheaper than upping them 4 times each. If you have no alt and have a rakata 340 gear instead of the modified 336 items, well then yes, go directly to the 344 stuff with the ops vendor