Overall PvP on APAC seems good

TrixxieTriss

I’ve mostly been pvping on Shae Vizla server since it went live. And my experience so far has been mostly positive.

People seem to mostly try & play to win, even if they aren’t always that great. They mostly listen to directions in Arena & try & play the objectives properly in WZ’s. Including calling incs & not death matching away from objectives. 

Of course there are still the occasional 4 man premades, but they aren’t a problem unless you’re on their side. I’ve yet to see a premade larger than 4 man. Which is exactly how it should be. 

And yes, we haven’t hit end game PvP yet because there aren’t enough lvl 80s yet. And yes, these are lowbies & mids being played. But the overall quality seems much better than the established servers. And those learning to PvP as they lvl up will be much better end game  PvPers than we are seeing represented on the US or EU servers. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lord_Malganus said:

Here is hoping SV may end up being the place for even non APAC players to go to enjoy PvP again!

Had my first really terrible day pvping on SV. It nearly made me stop. 

Yesterday (Sunday) there was a NA streamer on SV trolling lowbies on a max lvl operative (for the bracket). Half the time queuing in a 3-4 man trinity pre-made. And it wasn’t just his trinity premade vs pugs that was the issue. He was obnoxious & abusive to both his team (if you were placed on it in WZ or later in Arena) & abusive & trolling the opposition. He was yelling at people in chat on both teams & anyone who stood up to his bullying was then put on his hit list to be ganked every match by him & his premade. And if you beat him, he’d have his premade keep ganking you until you quit queuing or swapped characters. 

He nearly single handedly killed the lowbie queue on SV yesterday because of his abusive behaviour & bullying for several hours. I had the misfortune of being put on a number of his Arena teams later in the afternoon (once his premade had quit & he’d killed the WZ queue). He wasn’t even that good. His tactics were flawed & if you followed them, you nearly always lost & he’d abuse everyone even though it was his fault. Most of the time it was just attack “x” person because they’d gotten on his vendetta list earlier for beating him or standing up to his abuse.

But if you ignored his directions & actually targeted the right person, you’d win more often than not because he wasn’t terrible at combat. Just an abusive troll that no one wanted to play with or against. Also ignoring his directions put you on his hit list. But by the afternoon, we’d learnt his tricks & his premade had left him. He started to crumble each & every match and his own teams wouldn’t even help or support him (which just made him madder). 

Sadly, by the afternoon, he’d degraded the queue pops significantly. Pops were 3-4 times longer than normal for those times of the day (if it was a week day) & this was the weekend 😞. Actually from the time he joined either queue, the pops started to get longer quickly & you’d mostly only see the same people when they did eventually pop. No one wanted to play in a match he was in.

When you have a low population to start with, it doesn’t take much for individual trolls or groups to kill the queues like this. People were reporting him every match. But without live moderation, nothing can be done in this situation. What really concerns me is he may have driven away many returning APAC players who only started playing this weekend after Broadswords email out on Friday. I hope that’s not the case because his behaviour isn’t the norm. Most of the time it’s relaxed & fun playing PvP on SV with fellow Aussie’s & Kiwis. 

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Haha 1

I honestly think that with this new server they should've tried out your suggestion of eliminating premades or limiting them to 2 temporarily with expected low population as an excuse to do so. If nothing else, just to see what it would be like and what the players ended up preferring.

• Thanks 1