Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

APAC server & SWTOR promotions

TrixxieTriss

40 minutes ago, TrixxieTriss said:

Why would US people want to purposely have 200-300ms lag 🤷🏻‍♀️

Because you can play 90% of the game at 200 ms ping with no problem (Since its <200 ms for me from the US Midwest its probably well below 150 for the US west coast and probably even comparable to what they are getting to the east coast servers). Only elite PVPers and Nightmare raiders are impacted by it. I have been playing on the APAC server since it opened from the Midwest of the US and it plays just fine.

1 minute ago, DWho said:

Because you can play 90% of the game at 200 ms ping with no problem (Since its <200 ms for me from the US Midwest its probably well below 150 for the US west coast and probably even comparable to what they are getting to the east coast servers). Only elite PVPers and Nightmare raiders are impacted by it. I have been playing on the APAC server since it opened from the Midwest of the US and it plays just fine.

Ok then, so can we get back on topic now 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just now, TrixxieTriss said:

Ok then, so can we get back on topic now 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sure, but I don't know what more there is to ask. You have asked them to advertise in the APAC and to send out e-mails to previous APAC players. That's about all they can do. I mean you could offer incentives to players geo-located in the region, a month free "sub benefits" would seem like a reasonable approach since they aren't getting any sub money from those ex-players as it is.

I would only caution you not to get too wrapped up in this because there is no guarantee that anything they do will be successful and I'd hate to see you become as negative about the game as some players posting here have which is what I am afraid will happen if the results don't meet your expectations.

Hey guys can we please get back to the topic of BroadSword promoting a game with no new content and no money to make content, yet should find the money to promote this game? 🤷🏻‍♀️

And please dont criticize me about my assumptions that the game is worth promoting, that Broadsword has the money to promote it, that APAC players who quit years ago would come back if it was promoted, or the APAC players would want to play 10 year old story content over again just because they can do it with less lag. None of those points are relevant. And I would like to get back on topic.

🤷🏻‍♀️ 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by septru
  • Haha 1

Just received an email to one of my alternate APAC accounts that’s been deactivated for several years 👍

And while this is something I’ve been asking for, it’s still the bare minimum.

They’ve not included any free promotion or benefits to lure players back to the game. Zero incentives, except to say there is a new server 😔

The join the fight bundle isn’t really an incentive. 

I would love to see them do a follow up email in a week or two that has a referral plan attached to give freebies to new or returning players. 

Maybe offer 15-30 days free subscription time to returning APAC players or CC’s to referred players who end up subscribing? 

Possibly send a follow up email to say when transfers will be happening & they will be free for APAC located players? 

IMG_5772.thumb.jpeg.adc3557e759bff60fbb284a17500810f.jpeg

Edited by TrixxieTriss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TrixxieTriss said:

The join the fight bundle isn’t really an incentive. 

I'm a little unclear on the email you posted. Are they actually offering the join the fight bundle to former APAC players as an incentive to come back? Or are they just saying "come back, by the way you can buy the join the fight bundle!" I am pretty sure it's the latter but want to make sure... the join the fight bundle is probably a bit heavy of an incentive for returning players but honestly something like it is probably the right idea here.

12 minutes ago, SoyElSenado said:

I'm a little unclear on the email you posted. Are they actually offering the join the fight bundle to former APAC players as an incentive to come back? Or are they just saying "come back, by the way you can buy the join the fight bundle!" I am pretty sure it's the latter but want to make sure... the join the fight bundle is probably a bit heavy of an incentive for returning players but honestly something like it is probably the right idea here.

They aren’t offering it for free. It’s just part of the email to get you to buy it. 

11 hours ago, SoyElSenado said:

I got the mail so it's not just former APAC players.

They have an introduction of what's new: cloud, 64bits and "welcome to check it out"

And the bundle.

3 hours ago, eabevella said:

I got the mail so it's not just former APAC players.

They have an introduction of what's new: cloud, 64bits and "welcome to check it out"

And the bundle.

There were 2 email outs I think. Because I also received it on this account about 9 hours after the one to my deactivated account. 

12 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

Promoting the APAC server? Well there's a simple answer : open transfers! OK, to prevent the inflation, cap the credits that can be transfered at.. 20? 30? million? 

Problem solved. 

Yep. Free transfers for Geo located APAC players would be a great start. 

And now 7.4 has been announced for release on the 5th December, so the 5th December would be the perfect time to open transfers too. 

That way they can combine the momentum of the recent email out to old APAC accounts, plus the 7.4 release & then the returning APAC players would feel more welcomed & more likely to stay if they can move their old APAC legacy back onto an APAC server. 

Otherwise these players will return & find out they can’t play with all the benefits they had before they were forceable moved off the old APAC servers to the US. And sure, Keith’s email says transfers will be in the future, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be the 5th December. 

Who else from the APAC region would like to see legacy:character transfers open up on the 5th December? Hopefully with some free ones for Geo located APAC players 😉

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.