I am once again begging you-- covert energy head that lowers/removes the hood

Vendettus

I fully support a Covert Energy Headpiece; sometimes wearing a circlet-style headgear looks out of place. (Unless you want your nominally Royal Consort of Dubrillion or Baroness of Alderaan to wear something that shows it off, which is okay too)

Unfortunately, I don't think a toggle would happen, based on the trend over the last couple years of new armors to come with variant pieces; Resort Swimwear has cape and no cape tops, Ancient Je'daii Robes have hood and no hood tops, Malgus Reborn rebreather has rebreather only and full mask headpieces, etc.

18 hours ago, Vendettus said:

Barring this, perhaps a toggle for the hood as there is for the headslot entirely? Pretty please?

That's actually the correct solution.  A Covert Energy helmet solves *exactly* *none* of these problems that people (including a certain @SteveTheCynic that you might have heard of) have commented on in the past:

• Want to show the hood while wearing Kallig's Countenance.(1)
  • Want to *not* show the Eradicator's Chest's hood while wearing the Eradicator's Mask.
  • Want to control the hood visibilty independently of the helmet being worn.

That is, a Covert Energy helmet is a mediocre (at best) and inferior (in all cases) solution, and should be avoided at all costs, or we'll never get the correct solution.

(1) Don't mock this.  It's a recurring request even though none of the cutscenes currently in the game show Lord Kallig with a hood.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 11:59 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

That's actually the correct solution.  A Covert Energy helmet solves *exactly* *none* of these problems that people (including a certain @SteveTheCynic that you might have heard of) have commented on in the past:

• Want to show the hood while wearing Kallig's Countenance.(1)
  • Want to *not* show the Eradicator's Chest's hood while wearing the Eradicator's Mask.
  • Want to control the hood visibilty independently of the helmet being worn.

That is, a Covert Energy helmet is a mediocre (at best) and inferior (in all cases) solution, and should be avoided at all costs, or we'll never get the correct solution.

(1) Don't mock this.  It's a recurring request even though none of the cutscenes currently in the game show Lord Kallig with a hood.

I agree with the fact that this is the ideal solution - basically because it offers full freedom for the person to do as they please: they want a hood up for any reason? Click a button - They want a hood down for any reason? Click a button.

It would solve a lot of problems, including wanting to wear a mast/helmet with a hood down (which would not be possible with a Covert Helmet, since it'd replace the helmet/mask), etc.

But, given the fact that this has been asked basically since launch and, for some reason, it has never been implemented - out of sheer desperation, I'd be more than happy to settle for a mere Cover Helmet, to at least be able to use hooded sets without looking like a bald (wo)man.

• Like 2