Want to do more dmg in story content... Item rating cap?

davidfreddie

So if I run a DPS class and have level 80 gear and highest rating + highest rating augments do i insta kill skytroopers with one slash?
My question is really if the story content is item rating capped or if augments and highest rating level gear makes a diffrence or if there is something that prevents me to build super gear to insta kill story content. I JUST WANT MY LIGHTSABER TO FEEL LIKE ITS SLICING THROUGH BUTTER 😀

If you're playing on Story, you could definitely achieve that. Most skytroopers spawn in groups of three and have very low health. You can often one shot them with AoE if you get a critical or 2 hits without. Single target abilities can one shot them pretty easily. On Veteran and Mastery, they have more health. Your strong abilities can probably still one shot individual ones, but your AoE will probably take multiple hits.

The level scaling reduces stats by a percentage based on the level of the area. The percentage is different for each stat, so they all scale down differently. Notably, alacrity, accuracy, and defense are not scaled down at all. Critical rating is the most noticeable drop in lower level areas. For example, Dromund Kaas drops stats by like 95% at 336+. A level 70 Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne area will drop it by 50-60%. So basically, it's hard to really increase stats much in level scaled areas. The stats get dropped so much, a big increase at 80 isn't going to feel that big at lower levels.

Edited by ThanderSnB

Gear won't help you as much as learning your class abilites and rotations. 

If you want to do things faster then run with a dps companion, that will help you learn your various abilites too since things like defensives, interrupts, and crowd control are more important without a heal companion keeping you alive.

Plus you level so fast that spending money to gear up below level 80 is basically wasted.

39 minutes ago, davidfreddie said:

What if i use Crit augments? Wouldn't that help for lower level?

Crit is hard capped so no matter what your gear rating, you cannot increase damage by using crit (unless you are below the threshold which is unlikely since it is very low). The other abilities are soft capped so increasing them can have a small effect (though the reduction in those abilities is greatest on low level planets - up to 99% reduction).

On 11/3/2023 at 5:19 PM, davidfreddie said:

So if I run a DPS class and have level 80 gear and highest rating + highest rating augments do i insta kill skytroopers with one slash?

No, because DPS Commandos, Snipers, Operatives(1), Scoundrels, Gunslingers, Mercenaries, PTs and Vanguards(1) don't slash enemies.

(1) Debatable.  Operatives have a highly effective attack that involves gut-stabbing the enemy with an eighteen-inch knifesword, while Vanguards have an attack that involves slashing the enemy with a sharp sticky-outy bit of their armour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.