Weekly Conquest Reward Disappointment

Jazulfi

First of all, I want to emphasise how much I'm enjoying the game at the moment. The game isn't perfect but the misery-drenched dumpster fire that is the forum at the moment implies the game is in some kind of dire state. It isn't.  The game does need some serious care and attention but for the most part, it's still a great game and fun to play. With that in mind, I also think it's important that we can talk about our disappointments with the game while avoiding the angry gloom-spirals so in vogue at the moment.

That said, I have a concern. I'm leveling up a few alts at the moment and I have a couple in the 70-75 range. I'm aware I probably don't fully understand how rewards/caps work across my account when it comes to the character-based 100k conquests, but I was *pretty* disappointed with the reward for my level 73 JK (see pic - sorry about the quality, I couldn't zoom in more).

This can't be right can it? I get that Conquest Commendations and Tech Fragments are meant to be end game, but if you're spending time levelling up a character it would be helpful if the rewards from say 70 upwards went towards gearing later? I dunno - *some* Conquest Commendations or Tech Fragments? Or some gear? Something? I just felt this was a little underwhelming.

Weekly Conquest Reward at level 73.jpg

Edited by Jazulfi

The weeping about so-called negativity aside, the OP identifies why Conquest isn't very satisfying. Conquest suffers from the same issues many of SWTOR's systems have. Namely, that they are not kept up to date, or ever reconsidered from a conceptual standpoint.

Currently, Conquest serves the following functions:

1. Communal goal by providing special Conquest titles and flagship unlock parts.

2. Play experience guidance by providing specific objectives for the week.

3. Miscellaneous rewards like scrap parts, credits, and optional crafting rewards instead of the flagship parts.

4. For sub 80s, some gear.

Removed from the current system, but previously active was special resources only available through conquest.

Unfortunately, all of the Conquest functions are currently of dubious motivation.

1. Only huge guilds can get the titles, and it's the same small group at the top every week. Flagship unlocks are still valuable, but many people have no other use than to sell them. Would be nice if a player SH (like the smaller destroyer type vessels seen in fleet actions) used them to unlock, then there'd be a personal goal component to using them.

2. Conquest points don't truly motivate play in that way. Points are gained easily and it's very simple to hit your goal without any recourse to specific objectives. Seasons have pretty much entirely displaced Conquest in this manner.

3. The misc rewards aren't really significant, and the crafting rewards in lieu of a flagship expansion part are a joke.

4. Leveling is so fast, and the game is so easy, that lowbie gear isn't really very important.

Like many of the other systems in this game, Biosword dropped it in the game, then either can't or won't give it another look.

Edited by sharpenedstick
  • Like 1