Life Day gear idea: UGLY SWEATERS

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 3:07 PM, witchglove said:

/Signed!

I would also buy a bunch IRL, if EA/Broadsword were able to produce SWTOR merch... (I realise that probably can't happen because of licensing, costs etc., but one can dream) 🙏

Real t-shirts would be welcome. I think they used to sell ones with the original base class symbols on them around launch, but it wasn't for very long. 

The in-game ugly sweaters idea is pretty funny. Don't think it'll ever happen, but it would be amusing. If it did, I would hope a free, in-game mail version would arrive for subscribers on December 25th. 

Edited by arunav

On 10/26/2023 at 2:57 PM, GrandAdmlStrife said:

Exactly like the title says. Who else wants a set of SWTOR themed ugly Christmas sweaters on the CM? 

While I can almost see 'Life Day Sweaters' (maybe one featuring the Kyyyshk Life Day Choir, even) as a possibility, how would you define 'ugly'?

On 10/26/2023 at 3:07 PM, witchglove said:

/Signed!

I would also buy a bunch IRL, if EA/Broadsword were able to produce SWTOR merch... (I realise that probably can't happen because of licensing, costs etc., but one can dream) 🙏

I'm not sure that's as impossible as you think... Didn't they partner with someone to release cosplay templates for Senya and Lana's outfits a couple years ago?

2 hours ago, turbomagnus said:

I'm not sure that's as impossible as you think... Didn't they partner with someone to release cosplay templates for Senya and Lana's outfits a couple years ago?

They did produce them, although I don't remember whether it was in-house or partnered work.

And there are two aspects to licencing:

• SWTOR-specific stuff (e.g. Senya and Lana's outfits as cosplay templates), which EA/Broadsword doesn't have to licence *from* anyone because it's theirs.
  • Stuff about Star Wars that isn't specific to SWTOR (lightsabres, blasters, starfighters, Jedi, Sith, "Darth", etc.), and I feel sure they could negotiate with Disney to include those aspects in moychandize.(1)

(1) Ref: Mel Brooks's fake New York dialect/accent in Space Balls.

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

They did produce them, although I don't remember whether it was in-house or partnered work.

And there are two aspects to licencing:

• SWTOR-specific stuff (e.g. Senya and Lana's outfits as cosplay templates), which EA/Broadsword doesn't have to licence *from* anyone because it's theirs.
  • Stuff about Star Wars that isn't specific to SWTOR (lightsabres, blasters, starfighters, Jedi, Sith, "Darth", etc.), and I feel sure they could negotiate with Disney to include those aspects in moychandize.(1)

(1) Ref: Mel Brooks's fake New York dialect/accent in Space Balls.

"Where the REAL money from the movie is made!"

Went looking, two things; I correct myself, it was Lana and SATELE, not Senya. Also, it seems that it might have been BioWare in-house.