FR3-D0M World Boss Feedback PTS Thread

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Please answer the questions below to leave feedback on the new world boss, FR3-D0M!

• What role were you when you attempted the world boss?
  • How many players and companions were with you when you fought the world boss?
  • Did you find the world boss appropriately challenging?
  • Were any of the world boss abilities confusing or unclear?
  • Were you able to successfully defeat the world boss?
  • What did you like and dislike about the world boss?
  • Were there any issues or bugs you encountered with the world boss?

• Like 1

Tank

7 players, and I think 1 companion. Pretty sure it was 1 healer, 1 tank, 5 dps.

Pretty normal for a WB aside from the frame rate dropping. A little harder then pre-Nightmare Pilgrim ones, and a little easier then post-Nightmare Pilgrim ones. 

I felt that the aoe initial cast was fine, but the fire animation wasn't very visible. Graphics set to Ultra.

Yes

I did appreciate that the mechanics would kill people if messed up.

I disliked that the boss would seem to randomly do a bunch more damage with the normal attack, but there wasn't a buff/debuff I noticed that indicated the change in damage output.

During the *suppressor missiles* cast everyone's frame rate drops to like 1-3, and you have to just hold down a move button to get out of the aoes that you can't see because the game is stuttering. So that was the big issue, game would freeze when the boss did his target every player attack. Amusingly, I went back and fought the boss on my own, and didn't have any framerate issues.

Did it with 3 people + companions. Companions aren't stunned like they are for nearly all other WBs. Died a few times and respawned during the pull. Damage is weird, there's very little except for the auto attack as it's mostly avoidable cleaves or AoE. Also, you can outrange it and it will take forever to catch up while you heal up.

Overall, doesn't feel like a WB at all.

Edited by TheRandomno

Please answer the questions below to leave feedback on the new world boss, FR3-D0M!

DPS

11 Member group, zero comps

He tried to kill my computer, Lag created was INSANE!!! 5 people froze 

No

YES

LAG

One member did not get rewards while in group

Healer

1 tank, 1 healer, 4 DPS, no companions.

Yes, at 12 million HP it was easily beatable by our group but I think that is an appropriate difficulty. We certainly do not need more Ossus world bosses; those are way too difficult.

The boss will leap towards a player but sometimes it felt like he casted his frontal AoE in a random direction, aka he leapt to a random spot and did his AoE in a direction no one was standing at. Surely this AoE is meant to be targeted at a player? Might also be related to his leap having a maximum range; not sure.

Yes; we had a few people dying due to Suppressor Missiles lag (see below) but they were able to release to medcenter and return.

I liked that it had very few mechanics, was easy to kill, so will be a good world boss, especially at times when there are only few players online, so you don't need high skill or long explanations to beat it.

I'm not too happy that you can use companions to kill the world boss; similar to Kithrawl, this means it is better for everyone to drop group and summon their companion. Game mechanics should always encourage players to group up! Otherwise, we'll end up in the same situation like on Ruhnuk where players will stop using chat but just wait near the world boss until someone starts attacking. (And also, as a healer I feel totally useless if I don't have an ops frame, and also don't need to heal anyone since everyone has their healing companion out anyway.)

Only players from the same faction get loot. E.g. if an Imperial and Republic player kill the boss, only the player that first attacked it will get loot. All the other world bosses have it set so the loot is shared across all factions; I assume you just forgot to set the flag here?

And as mentioned already by other players, the Suppressor Missiles ability is bugged; it results in an exponential amount of AoEs being placed on the ground, causing a lot of lag.

fr3d0m-world-boss-aoe-bug.thumb.jpg.7f39cbbc8add9d58e7de78998d3a45e8.jpg

• Sorc Dps/Sin Tank
  • 4 players started with three tanks and 1dps but I switched halfway through to dps I think two healer companions 
  • I thought he was a fun fight. He is a bit confusing because even though I dodged most of his attacks he seems to still hit regardless. He also kept hopping around the battlefield and managed to hop into a group of adds which was annoying.
  • Yes the hopping part. If he is going to leap across the field then can we at least not let him hop into the elites that already pretty powerful?
  • Yes we were!
  • I loved that the mechanics seemed pretty straightforward for the most part I think it was mostly a big that I just took continuous damage. I did not like the MASSIVE lag spike everytime he uses that missile attack where each person gets 3 red circles. I am on a computer that was brand new about 6 months ago, all new components. We had 4 people and it lagged so bad it actually froze a little everytime that attacked happened. Since this is a world boss I would say this needs to be fixed ASAP cause when people start running this in 16m or more you are going to have a ton of upset individuals that are lagging out mid fight. I think the middle blasts are just too intense.
  • I continued to take damage from any attack he did other than the missiles with the red circles. I was a ranged sorc at 28m away and still was taking damage. Also the immense lag spike from just 4 people is insane. Also when he started jumping into adds it was pretty annoying. Didn't really seem flush with the fight at all so I am assuming that is a bug. I believe someone may have had a tank companion (that died pretty much instantly) out that pulled him in which case should be fixed so he can't be pulled by tank companions.