Note of Reflections

Darves

I asked the support team about this before but they said they couldn't help me and they advised me to report it as a bug, which I did.. I asking you to enable drop of Note of Reflections because I can’t finish my reputation in Messengers of the Cold Moon. I don't want to have unfinished reputation forever. In earlier seasons it was still possible to earn Reputation Tokens (after finished seasons) them while having the corresponding companion active. Now this is not possible. I am asking the developers for a statement on this matter. Please fix this problem. Thank you in advance. May the force be with you

38 minutes ago, Darves said:

I asked the support team about this before but they said they couldn't help me and they advised me to report it as a bug, which I did.. I asking you to enable drop of Note of Reflections because I can’t finish my reputation in Messengers of the Cold Moon. I don't want to have unfinished reputation forever. In earlier seasons it was still possible to earn Reputation Tokens (after finished seasons) them while having the corresponding companion active. Now this is not possible. I am asking the developers for a statement on this matter. Please fix this problem. Thank you in advance. May the force be with you

They do still drop. You have to be using Amity as your companion. I had two drop earlier today when playing. The drop rate is low though.

3 minutes ago, DWho said:

They do still drop. You have to be using Amity as your companion. I had two drop earlier today when playing. The drop rate is low though.

In earlier seasons, if you had the right companion active, you got 3 reputation tokens when you completed a flashpoint, and 12 tokens when you completed story mode operations. Now you don't get anything so if you can actually get reputation tokens now it's not the same way as in previous seasons

Moreover, I would like to point out that the game support investigated my problem and replied that the Note of Reflections drop is not working as it should. 
So I would like the developers to make a statement on this matter and fix my problem

14 hours ago, Darves said:

Now you don't get anything so if you can actually get reputation tokens now it's not the same way as in previous seasons

Go out questing (or just slaughtering foes) with Amity as your active companion, and random foes will (or should, anyway) drop Notes, although if it's like past post-seasons, the drop rate won't be great.

12 hours ago, Darves said:

Moreover, I would like to point out that the game support investigated my problem and replied that the Note of Reflections drop is not working as it should

You shouldn't place blind trust in the accuracy of what support says about things being (or not being) bugs.  (That's a universal, applicable to almost any software product, but SWTOR seems to be a bit worse than most.)

12 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Go out questing (or just slaughtering foes) with Amity as your active companion, and random foes will (or should, anyway) drop Notes, although if it's like past post-seasons, the drop rate won't be great.

Yes I know, but as I mentioned at the end of previous seasons if you had an active companion when you completed flashpoint or ops you also got a certain amount of reputation tokens.

12 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

You shouldn't place blind trust in the accuracy of what support says about things being (or not being) bugs.  (That's a universal, applicable to almost any software product, but SWTOR seems to be a bit worse than most.)

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to keep that in mind

• Dev Post
On 9/4/2023 at 2:57 PM, Darves said:

In earlier seasons, if you had the right companion active, you got 3 reputation tokens when you completed a flashpoint, and 12 tokens when you completed story mode operations. Now you don't get anything so if you can actually get reputation tokens now it's not the same way as in previous seasons

Hello!

I wanted to touch base on how drops for these types of seasonal reputation currency items work in our game currently. Since Season 2 each season has had one of these, and we did change some things in Season 3 to allow past season currencies to be gathered after the season is completed.

If the season is active, group content such as Flashpoints and Operations drop the associated currency as long as you haven’t maxed out the reputation. However, after the season is no longer active, the currency stops being dropped in that content. You can still get currency for that season by having the associated companion with you and not being maxed on the reputation when killing enemies on planets and daily areas.

For Galactic Seasons 5, which does not have a companion, you will still be able to drop the currency after the season in planets and daily areas if you have no companion out and are not maxed on the reputation track. For the remaining duration of season 5 the new Dark Spores currency will drop in group content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

33 minutes ago, JoeStramaglia said:

Hello!

I wanted to touch base on how drops for these types of seasonal reputation currency items work in our game currently. Since Season 2 each season has had one of these, and we did change some things in Season 3 to allow past season currencies to be gathered after the season is completed.

If the season is active, group content such as Flashpoints and Operations drop the associated currency as long as you haven’t maxed out the reputation. However, after the season is no longer active, the currency stops being dropped in that content. You can still get currency for that season by having the associated companion with you and not being maxed on the reputation when killing enemies on planets and daily areas.

For Galactic Seasons 5, which does not have a companion, you will still be able to drop the currency after the season in planets and daily areas if you have no companion out and are not maxed on the reputation track. For the remaining duration of season 5 the new Dark Spores currency will drop in group content.

Does this mean we shouldn't have a previous seasons companion out, or we have to be playing with no companion at all to get s5 currency after s5 is over? Playing without any companion at all will make the content go much slower. 

5 minutes ago, Knee-biter said:

Does this mean we shouldn't have a previous seasons companion out, or we have to be playing with no companion at all to get s5 currency after s5 is over? Playing without any companion at all will make the content go much slower. 

It will require no companion at all, but it's not that bad depending on class. I did a test with Lightning Sorcerer and the AoE burst was enough that normal mobs didn't stay alive long enough to do much damage. With the bubble and a self-heal here and there, I never had to stop and rest. That doesn't mean it will be fast. These past currencies only have 1% drop rate when killing mobs, so it is a huge grind. With that Sorcerer, I was able to kill about 900 mobs per hour, so that's an average of 9 currency per hour. If you want to get 120 to max rep that week, you're looking at a 13+ hour grind. If you want to get 200 to cap the currency that week, it's going to be a 22+ hour grind. And that would have to be done every week until you max the rep. If you are a subscriber in a guild with max rep bonus (15%), it takes 14 weeks to max the reputation. That's 14 weeks with a 13+ hour grind each week.

• Thanks 1

Make sure to maximize the reputation points when using reputation tokens by having active and passive reputation boosts and guild perks There's multiple boosts and guild perks that you can use that stack. You do not have to get 200 per week unless you are not subscribed and not using any boost/perks.

Being subscribed = 50% reputation increase

Being in a guild = 15% reputation increase

Passive guild perks = 5% or 15% reputation increase

Active guild perk = 15% reputation increase

Complimentary Major Reputation Boost Consumable = 15 charges of 50% reputation increase

By using all of the above I have gotten it down to only needing 94 items per week to max reputation for that week.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2023 at 9:43 PM, JoeStramaglia said:

Hello!

Thank you very much @JoeStramaglia for your reply and clarification 🙂

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Do some worlds drop seasonal reputation currencies more readily than others? I'm farming G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules, and I've noticed that the drop rate on Taris (Imp) is reasonable, but on Quesh and Hoth I'm getting nearly nothing.

Edited by AlacrityFitzhugh
clarification

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.