Ossus Relics

Shayddow

3 hours ago, Shayddow said:

I have a whole bunch of these.  There is nothing to spend them on at the vendors on Ossus.

Everything sold by the vendors is either sold for credits or Tech fragments.

What is the point of this currency?

look around, there is a vendor that sells decorations and I believe an armor set (cosmetic) for the tokens. But other than that the tokens do not have much use.

Edited by Darkestmonty
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ronin_chi_lao said:

They used to be the vendors on Ossus only not the fleet ones. 
In the buildings where you first arrive.
Not sure if they are still there though.

They were there at least a couple of weeks ago when i last hit the cap and had to make more room for the relics by buying a boatload of decorations. Was on rep side char at the time and on rep side the vendors are in a small hut behind the larger building where the daily mission terminal is located.

Really makes no difference, the majority of items you can buy on Ossus are useless. The gear is all level 70 and by the time you get to Ossus even with a new character your already at level 80. Which leaves only decorations which are also useless garbage if your Strongholds are all maxed out.

Heck the entire planet, rewards and everything else on Ossus is useless. The only reason you MUST go there at all is to trigger the storyline and get Doc or Nadia if they are your companions. Other than that the whole planet is useless.

57 minutes ago, denavin said:

The gear is all level 70 and by the time you get to Ossus even with a new character your already at level 80.

You can travel to Ossus to buy good purple (or gold if you have enough reputation) gear as soon as you hit 70. (might be able to travel there even earlier). There's no story requirements to get there. I often hit 70 way before i'm done with chapter 3, sometimes during chapter 2 and as soon as i'm 70, i take a quick detour to Ossus for cheap and great gear with setbonuses for the next 5 levels.

Also it sucks when you get the "you've reached the maximum of this and that currency" all the time when doing dailies on a planet so having at least the decorations to dump the excess tokens is great imho.

Edited by Rujopetteri

2 hours ago, Shayddow said:

Only reason I'm on the planet is because I'm a completionist. I want to finish the "X" number of missions thingie.  But I'd like to be able to use the tokens I've earned, and with max reputation, I can't.

If you're talking about the relics of ossus currency like you implied at the title, then yes, you can use those to buy decorations and other stuff. There's two vendors that sell stuff for the relics, like already mentioned in this thread. I just checked the rep side while doing dailies and the vendors are still there. One of them wants credits+relics and has other items as well as decos, one has decorations for creds+relics. There's another one that has decorations for Tech fragments. A small hut behind the main building. As of two minutes ago the vendors were there and you can still buy stuff with your relics.

If you're talking about the reputation items, then those are shopfood after your reputation is maxed. And they've never been a currency to buy anything with anyway.