Roleplayer's title bundle

Vendettus

There are a lot of titles that are class specific, such as Darth, military titles, and a whole array of others.  For various reasons, players might want to have one of these titles on a character for whom it is locked out (why a Sith inquisitor never gets the title 'acolyte' is beyond me) and allowing for the purchase of these titles would be fun, especially for roleplayers or those who would just like a twist for their character.

Some titles may not make sense. Why, for example, would a smuggler get the Darth title?  For the same reason that a player character can, with existing game options, appear to have nothing but a loincloth on for the entirety of the game if they so choose-- it doesn't have to make sense, doesn't hurt anyone, and allows a player that much more enjoyment.  

Please give us a bundle with all of the class specific titles so they can unlock for our legacies, thank you.

Edited by Vendettus
  • Like 2

On 8/30/2023 at 12:42 PM, Lord_Janosch said:

Or players who jumped the story could also need them 😉

"need" is a strange way of writing "make use of" or just "use", but yes, it would be useful for those folks.  And the folks whose Troopers somehow managed to play through all of KotFE/ET and finished without the "Colonel" title.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 12:02 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

And the folks whose Troopers somehow managed to play through all of KotFE/ET and finished without the "Colonel" title.

How does this happen? Am going to take my Commando through KotFE for that title, and would like to avoid what you described...

On 8/30/2023 at 5:34 AM, Vendettus said:

There are a lot of titles that are class specific, such as Darth, military titles, and a whole array of others.  For various reasons, players might want to have one of these titles on a character for whom it is locked out (why a Sith inquisitor never gets the title 'acolyte' is beyond me) and allowing for the purchase of these titles would be fun, especially for roleplayers or those who would just like a twist for their character.

Some titles may not make sense. Why, for example, would a smuggler get the Darth title?  For the same reason that a player character can, with existing game options, appear to have nothing but a loincloth on for the entirety of the game if they so choose-- it doesn't have to make sense, doesn't hurt anyone, and allows a player that much more enjoyment.  

Please give us a bundle with all of the class specific titles so they can unlock for our legacies, thank you.

I'm personally against any titles from in-game play being added to the CM.

Only exception I think they should make is for folks who use boost tokens. In a game where people make so many alts, it seems silly to force people to play a class story for the umpteenth time just so they can get Master or Darth or whatever title at the end of Ch 3.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, arunav said:

How does this happen? Am going to take my Commando through KotFE for that title, and would like to avoid what you described...

I don't know.  It might be related to the point in Chapter XI where Aric tells you about the Republic giving you a "posthumous" promotion to Colonel, and you can offer your intentions regarding the new rank.  I've always said that I'm keeping it, so that might be why I've never seen this problem.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this again because there is literally zero reason why my inquisitor shouldn't have the acolyte title and because I primarily play in a roleplay guild-- these titles would make creating NPCs for guild events easier and allow for greater realism with the stories we tell.  

Also I want to see a bounty hunter barsenth'or because it would be funny and would literally not impact any other player in any way more than existing options already do.  It may not be realistic, but neither are Chiss with facial scruff, or players wearing armour that makes them look like droids as they practice the Force.