7.3.1 Credit Economy Initiative Update

JoeStramaglia

1 hour ago, AbsolutGrndZero said:

but my concerns of this entire thing is new players.  They don't have 12 years invested in this game, and things like this are going to make many of them say "F this game" very quickly. 

most of the old players also have make good use from the big mistake the devs have done in the compleet 6.x era that there have make a lot of credits from it when the devs have done compleet notting at all and only have make it worse in the 6.0 expension to boost the credit rewards a lot and have remove some of the credit sinks also from the game.

and like always focus to much on cartal coins only and not about the credits at all.

and not forget that there is still that anoying credit hold limit from 1 mill what is also becoming bad for the game economy it self since now that players think twice or more if there wane become sub since most of then have see how worse the 7.X era is become that most not wane become sub anymore since its not worth it anymore.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 3:10 AM, Darkestmonty said:

I had some purple BOP item drop, a nice looking chest with unique breast plate and duster style jacket. It was a maybe level 50.

Cost me 4 million to give it to another member from the ops. It's a functional credit sink but that trade tax seemed high for an item I know never saw a single sale on the gtn.

Forgot to reply to this, but assuming you mean Bind On Pickup, I imagine their coding is similar to the way the World of Warcraft "Auctioneer" mod works (as it's a mod, the author is fully clear on it's intended usage.)  It uses the coding to analyze the Auction House and determine a fair price for an item based on what it's sold for in the scans you do.  However, just like Star Wars new coding, they seem to for some reason have prices on BOP items when it totally shouldn't as they have never ever ever been on the AH.... which always confused me, but apparently has something to do with a flaw in the code, which it seems that SWtOR's version of said code has the same flaw.

• Like 1