Objective Meridian Master Mode, Republic-side

Hello, so I'm more or less just completely dumbfounded with the boss mechanics on this specific FP. I've only recently tried my hand at tanking and while I'm not the best of them I wouldn't say I'm utterly miserable either. My perception mostly started to change after getting Rep-side Meridian three times in one day, twice as tank, once as deeps, with both tank runs being utter failures. First run we couldn't down the first boss due to me not having a clue where to kite the flame circles and others not really sure what to do as both DPS were also melee-range and died really quickly. After two wipes we disbanded and I was left feeling rather sour. 

Second run went better but we still had wipes on bonus boss and Malgus, but at least we succeeded eventually. I tried to take the knowledge from my DPS PoV forward to the next pop on my tank loadout, naturally Meridian pops up again and I sighed heavily. This time I kited the flame circles fairly well and interrupted the walker's inferno attack as often as I could. But on the bonus boss with the two Sith ladies, we wiped twice due to our healer being one-shotted each time by the Ranged Sith of the two. Each time with both bosses on me, and having no clue where it's gone wrong?

We decided to skip the boss but still wiped on the second one due to the red circles. Somehow the kiting red circle was on me but circles kept popping up under the DPS. I also don't understand how the fission round mechanic works, despite fighting the boss multiple times. He just roots a random player in place and is about to fire a shot. Or not. Can't stun break, can't interrupt him. Does attacking him stop it? The game doesn't say. He just shoots or doesn't. After that wipe I just saw the group leave one by one and I closed the game with the most miserable feeling I had from this game so far.

There just seems to be no documentation on this FP. Nothing on Swtorista or Vulkk. One video I watched the guy pretty much admitted he's not aware of any special mechanics on the bonus boss in particular, and offered different advice compared to when I asked on the fleet later. I found nothing else. I had easier time tanking Shrine of Silence. Any advice is appreciated. Or tell me I suck, that's probably also true.

Edited by SteelieCZ
typo
  • Like 1

It's not too hard mechanics wise, but does need every player to be decent, and that's rare in pugs.  Players actually have to know their class, and that means knowing how and when to use their defensive abilities.  It's one of the few MM fp left where I usually end up doing 20k plus eHPs even with a decent team.  A healer who knows how to heal while also moving is a must (any operative using that channelled heal like it's a main abilty and not a filler is going to be bad for example)

No boss has an enrage, so the priority (especially for mdps) is to get out of the aoe instead of trying to get in more dps. 

First boss: kill the spider droid first, interrupt the walker's infernal circles if possible.  Otherwise stay out of the aoe. That's the hard part, a lot of players now are really bad at using their dcds and avoiding taking damage.

Bonus boss:  Pub side is considerably easier then Imp side.  Kill the Darth first.  It's basically tank 'n' spank with tons of aoe going out.  So down to the dps/heals/tanks all being good at avoiding taking damage while also doing their jobs.   Stay out of the aoe, remember that there is no boss enrage, so gtfo out of the aoe asap even if you have to break off a casted ability.

Second boss: Tank 'n' spank.  Stay out of the aoe.  Kill the adds asap. 

Malgus: first half is basic tank 'n' spank.  2nd half (when the void of despair pops up in the middle) is burn malgus, avoid getting knocked off the platform, and stay out of the big black circle in the middle that spawns his clones.  If clones do spawn then have the dps ignore them and keep burning malgus.   (I've seen some tanks put their backs to one of the bridge pillars for this fight, but it's not needed, just make sure the knockback keeps you on the platform and out of the middle section). The big purple circle will heal malgus, so move out of it if you can, it can be rough if the dps are subpar and can't outdps the healing malgus does.

Do you know how Lord Feng's (one of the bonus bosses) Dark Ritual works? It one-shotted our healer twice in a row in the last run. I assumed it was a conal at first, which is why on second attempt I pulled them facing away from the group, but at the end of the channel it one shotted the healer again despite the boss facing away from them.