How to tell what level speeder piloting you have

Noelstrom

So I searched and found an old thread from February about this, but the steps/screenshots listed aren't working for me. 

I can't tell what level of speeder piloting I have on my character. When I go to my trainer, and select Show All, Speeder Piloting is not shown as an option under my class (Sorc) or General. I can't seem to find a Legacy Panel that would show that information. When I open it, all I see is the achievement list, and nothing else. I'm a subscriber, and level 41, so from what I can see online, I should be able to have level 3. But I honestly can't remember training for anything after Level 1. 

Can anyone help?

it should show up in your abilities list, under general I think.

unless they changed it, then you have to reach a certain level before you can train the next speeder level, both from a trainer (free) or with the legacy perks (credits and available at a lower level then from the trainers).

speeder 1 through 3 are from the trainers, or the legacy perks, and speeder 4 and 5 are legacy perks only. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recall the ability showing which version you have though the legacy options to buy faster speed will show you when you are up to that speed. Talk to your class trainer to see what general abilities you can still get - if it shows speed 2 or speed 3 then you don't have those yet. For a subscriber ignoring the legacy benefits you get speed one at level 10 and i think tow at level 25 and three at level 35. That is the highest without a legacy purchase, as the post above pointed out.

Just checked in-game, and:  (Note: "SP" means "Speeder Piloting")

• The SP ability's tooltip (mouse over the (passive) ability in the Abilities panel ("P") does not show the current rank you have, nor the effective bonus.
  • The class ability trainers show the levels of SP that you may unlock (high enough level, not already unlocked), but do not show what level you have.
  • The Character Perks part of the Legacy panel ("Y") shows which ones you are high enough level to buy even if you have already bought them from a trainer.  If you bought them through the Legacy panel (or by SP level 1 token acquired however it was acquired), it shows that it was bought.
  • Speeder descriptions show only the list of different speed bonuses, and do not indicate which one you are at.

Note that the third one is probably a bug, especially since it allows you to buy a level of SP from the panel that you have already bought from a trainer.