New Dye system

AOrdo

I believe it's time they change the dye system. 

While it was fun (no) it's really a bother that dyes are pre-made combo with limited choice. 

The idea is so :

still need to do combo of 2 dyes (or only one) and assemble it and then put it in the dye slot BUT now we can do pretty much what we want including mixing whatever we want as primary and whatever we want as secondary. 

Also it allow us to use rare colors as only dye. 

Overall more flexibility in the process is a good thing that will help bring more personalization ! 

• Like 13

i like the idea since the primary dye and secondary dye become more usefull with this idea.

but i like see something to be add also on this idea.

that you most pay 1mill credits for each combo you wane make.

that the item become's legacy bound so it cant be sold or trade only be use by the one that make's then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goreshaga said:

I'd add a tertiary dye slot too, to be able to dye the currently undyable parts like all that undyable gold on the Shikaakwan Royalty set for instance.

For this they’d have to recreate the entire dye layout on every single piece of gear.  That’s not going to happen.  We’re probably never going to see any kind of dye updates anyway.  Things like this have been suggested for years with no response.

6 hours ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

For this they’d have to recreate the entire dye layout on every single piece of gear.  That’s not going to happen.  We’re probably never going to see any kind of dye updates anyway.  Things like this have been suggested for years with no response.

Then make it be a blank shell we pick the colours for.

On 7/30/2023 at 3:51 PM, Screaming_Ziva said:

Well who knows, maybe with Broadsword we'll finally start to see some of the changes many people have been requesting for years. Like more Twi'lek customization. It's a possibility at least. 

On 7/30/2023 at 12:03 AM, AOrdo said:

The idea is so :

still need to do combo of 2 dyes (or only one) and assemble it and then put it in the dye slot BUT now we can do pretty much what we want including mixing whatever we want as primary and whatever we want as secondary.

This appears to make black/black and white/white dye modules basically obsolete, so this is probably not going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to see some changes to the dye system. The one in Guild Wars 2 works great. Don't judge. Also, I would love anything that would give me the option to pick the brightest, most cheery colors the game has to offer for my bounty hunter, even if I don't use it.

On 8/2/2023 at 7:32 PM, The_Hightower said:

This appears to make black/black and white/white dye modules basically obsolete, so this is probably not going to happen.

I imagine the new system would just mean that players that bought these things would have them automatically unlocked or be given compensation for them. 

3 hours ago, evassister said:

I imagine the new system would just mean that players that bought these things would have them automatically unlocked or be given compensation for them. 

I think the point was more about the effect for Broadsword/EA on the Cartel Market sales of dyes.

3 minutes ago, evassister said:

Having a more versatile dye system would, if anything, increase sales of dyes.

Probably.  I think the original point was about black/black being used by lots of characters of the "Darth Edgelord" type, so because it's popular and *expensive* in terms of CCs, removing its value would adversely affect sales of Cartel Coins.

But yes, I think you're right about the increase in the sales of single-component dyes.  (A fully GW2-like system, on the other hand, would reduce the long-term sales, since once a dye is unlocked, there's no need to buy it again.)

2 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Probably.  I think the original point was about black/black being used by lots of characters of the "Darth Edgelord" type, so because it's popular and *expensive* in terms of CCs, removing its value would adversely affect sales of Cartel Coins.

But yes, I think you're right about the increase in the sales of single-component dyes.  (A fully GW2-like system, on the other hand, would reduce the long-term sales, since once a dye is unlocked, there's no need to buy it again.)

You do realize that they keep adding dyes and have limited time ones, right?

Just now, SteveTheCynic said:

its the same for the white/white dye what is popular and expensive.

then here is also something there can do.

that you cant combo the black primery dye with the black secondary dye to make the black/black dye same there can do with the white/ white dye

you also know this is also a good credit sink idea whe need now and you can make new collors combo also you cant craft or buy with cartal coins.

i think we all can agree on that if you make a new dye you cant sell it also on the GTN or trade it but become's legacy bound more for own use.

then you boost the reputation from all the primery dye's only and secondary dye's only a lot with it.

5 hours ago, evassister said:

You do realize that they keep adding dyes and have limited time ones, right?

I do, but Black/Black and White/White seem to be always available, and they are consistently higher-priced than any other CM dyes.  No matter...  I prefer Black/Deep Red for most edgelord purposes anyway.

I would very much appreciate being able to buy the primary and secondary black dyes for cartel certs and equip them together on an outfit over paying 300mil-1bil for a black/black dye.  if they would let me do that and also put the primary and secondary whites for sale at cartel bizarre I would be over the moon.  the prices on all those for one use items is ridiculous, frankly.

any other color combo I could make with primaries/secondaries would be great too, but the cost savings on the black/black, white/white, black/white, white/black would be the #1 advantage imo lol