GAME CRASH | Outfitter Tab

SOULCASTER

When going to create a new outfit in the Outfitter Tab on the Character Sheet, my game crashes when I select "commit" to pay for the new outfit.

It has done this on several outfits, and even does it on new and old outfit tabs (when i was testing to see if maybe just the 1 tab was bugged).

The last outfit i started to put together when it crashed was:
* Selected new slot to unlock for new outfit.
* Weapons: empty
* Head: empty
* Bracers: Remnant Underworld Consular Cuffs
* Chest: Remnant Underworld Consular Robe
* Gloves: Remnant Underworld Consular Gloves
* Boots: Remnant Underworld Consular Boots
* Belt: Revered Master's Clasp
* Pants: Je'daii Warrior's Greaves
(no dye kits in any of the items)
--> Hit COMMIT and the game crashed.

This character is a female Togruta. I will try and test to see if my other species characters crash also.

I should mention on EXISTING outfits, I can change and apply new lightsabers to the outfit designer just fine. It seems to crash when I put on new clothes though.
Each time it crashes I have submitted the crash reports.

Edited by SOULCASTER
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, SOULCASTER said:

Yeah after more testing, literally almost anything crashes the game when messing with the outfitter tab.
Including simply copying existing outfits over to new tabs. 

Damn I have no idea how to help then, usually when a specific item or armor set causes a crash I'd say just try to avoid using that item on outfit slots but considering its everything with the outfitter tab... maybe try to reach out for help on the EA help forums for SWTOR? Someone with more tech knowledge could be available there.

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2023 at 7:07 PM, Euyevair said:

Same here while changing loadout with Fractured Ashla Lightsaber in outfitter

This crash happens randomly using the loadout with the ancient force imbued blade in one hand and the Fractured Ashla lightsaber in another in outfitter.
Not so sure if other factors are in play with the holster not showing bug as well, but I thought I'd mention it also.

(There's a lot of locking up with the game when these loadouts are being activated more so going from a sage to a marauder less with same faction combat styles.)

Edited by ronin_chi_lao

4 minutes ago, felleto said:

What are the steps to replicate this sucessfully can anyone explain to me? 
Or provide a video of it happening?

I have added it to the player bug-tracker: https://github.com/rfelleto/SWTOR-player-bug-tracker/issues/56

It's very random for me and I never know when it will happen.
The game will crash to desktop after applying the loadout and there will be a bug report box pop up right after the crash to send the logs.
If I can send a capture of the box that sends the logs I will if that would be helpful?

One more very Important thing for me is this also happened on the PTS for the current outfitter and the weapons I mentioned above when I would apply the loadout to switch from sage to marauder, with the only difference being that box to submit the logs never appeared after the crash to desktop.
The first time I saw the log box is when the crash happened on the live servers.
I also used the optional email so they could contact me, but I never heard a word. I think I may have sent that log box another 2 or 3 more times [without email] since the first so not a lot of crashes, but it's there.

2 minutes ago, ronin_chi_lao said:

It's very random for me and I never know when it will happen.
The game will crash to desktop after applying the loadout and there will be a bug report box pop up right after the crash to send the logs.
If I can send a capture of the box that sends the logs I will if that would be helpful?

One more very Important thing for me is this also happened on the PTS for the current outfitter and the weapons I mentioned above when I would apply the loadout to switch from sage to marauder, with the only difference being that box to submit the logs never appeared after the crash to desktop.
The first time I saw the log box is when the crash happened on the live servers.
I also used the optional email so they could contact me, but I never heard a word. I think I may have sent that log box another 2 or 3 more times [without email] since the first so not a lot of crashes, but it's there.

I mean, submitting the crash logs is probably going to have the same effect as you helping me replicate the bug. Maybe devs see it, probably they won't. 

I would like to try to replicate it to check what crashes the game. Maybe loadouts with weapons that are not elligible for the other combat spec?

12 minutes ago, felleto said:

Maybe loadouts with weapons that are not eligible for the other combat spec?

Well, I think when the character put them away both the fractured ashla and the ancient force imbued saber and blade are thrown over on to the back with both hands while the saber will go to the hip right after the action. This is just an observation so I don't know if it plays a part since the sage does not hold 2 weapons there might be something else going on, just guesses though.

I think removing the ancient force imbued blade from the outfitter might be the solution for my case since that holster/sheath still won't appear.
If I can make a short recording of the crash I'll try.

Edited by ronin_chi_lao

One thing I did find is that when only switching the outfit the Ashla saber will not show because it's in the offhand on a sage which does not hold an actual weapon, normal and to be expected (working as intended).
But the main hand is the one wielding the ancient force imbued blade [this is something very notable], that while still as a sage and NO loadout is activated the ancient force imbued blade has it's holster. Only when switching to marauder combat style with loadout causes the holster to disappear.