Mara/sent pruning removed all utility and most out playability. Nerfs made even worse.

Beyrahl

I miss Pacify, the number of times where Pacify would save me or allow me to pull off something difficult is incredibly high. Now it's gone and still exists in the form of a tactical named throwing arm.
Choke being something I could afford to take would also be a game changer, not having a stun and being a purely DPS bot makes it far easier to predict and play against.
Undying or mad dash (the real only choices there) has me giving up class identity (guarded by the devs) for an inconsistent mobility ability that we end up needing far more often. 
Fear is gone, what a great ability arguably one of the best because of the control you could so effortlessly apply. We don't even have the option to consider. 

Now after Furys been nerfed for some time and so has Annihilation, nearly every other spec does better in both pve/pvp. It's a pure damage class and it doesn't even come close to excelling as well as its peers. Class being in shambles is an understatement, design-wise it's confusing, and with so much pruned we're left to be a predation bot with mediocre damage. If it at least had the utility or actual options for core abilities that were flat-out removed it'd be in a better position, let alone regaining a much-needed auto critical to both Fury & Annihilation would change both of their impacts greatly once again. 

Anyway, remember when Jugg was being pruned and everyone pushed back? People pushed back on Mara too, we just thought Mara would be included in being pruned less before they ran out of time and skipped most of the pruning info sharing with us pre-7.0 release. 
It'd be great if this class could be more than a DPS/predation bot, it had more to offer than just parsing on players and sharing predation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2023 at 7:22 AM, Beyrahl said:

I miss Pacify, the number of times where Pacify would save me or allow me to pull off something difficult is incredibly high. Now it's gone and still exists in the form of a tactical named throwing arm.
Choke being something I could afford to take would also be a game changer, not having a stun and being a purely DPS bot makes it far easier to predict and play against.
Undying or mad dash (the real only choices there) has me giving up class identity (guarded by the devs) for an inconsistent mobility ability that we end up needing far more often. 
Fear is gone, what a great ability arguably one of the best because of the control you could so effortlessly apply. We don't even have the option to consider. 

Now after Furys been nerfed for some time and so has Annihilation, nearly every other spec does better in both pve/pvp. It's a pure damage class and it doesn't even come close to excelling as well as its peers. Class being in shambles is an understatement, design-wise it's confusing, and with so much pruned we're left to be a predation bot with mediocre damage. If it at least had the utility or actual options for core abilities that were flat-out removed it'd be in a better position, let alone regaining a much-needed auto critical to both Fury & Annihilation would change both of their impacts greatly once again. 

Anyway, remember when Jugg was being pruned and everyone pushed back? People pushed back on Mara too, we just thought Mara would be included in being pruned less before they ran out of time and skipped most of the pruning info sharing with us pre-7.0 release. 
It'd be great if this class could be more than a DPS/predation bot, it had more to offer than just parsing on players and sharing predation. 

7.0 has been a disaster from day one, everyone that was on the pts told bioware these changes are bad (follow up class balance changes too), including ability pruning.

they didn't listen.

• 4 months later...

I'm still new to the game, started right around the newest update into stream from devs took place, so sorry for stupid question. 

With the info players have been given +PTS feedback, does anyone know if marauder/sentinal future is potentially going to give the class more pre-7.0 compromises or improvements or relative improvements?

Since starting ive always liked the dual-wielding & double-bladed lightsaber geared force users, a mix of training in a style of Nito-Ryu (Japanese style of kendo using two blades over the common single) & its a lightsaber! Who wouldn't want two. After getting further into the game I started seeing how the variants of the class penalized & I missed getting to see them in their peak state.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 10:22 PM, Beyrahl said:

When you guys going to learn that they don't care. They haven't cared for a very long time. Everything is a mess people need to vote with there wallet, then maybe change will happen.

• 3 weeks later...

It did pain me when they remove so many iconic Mara abilities; but I still slaughter my enemies and usually am in the top 3 damage dealers in most war zones that I participate in...

Shard of Mortis is the only tactical worthy for Carnage dps as of now.

• 4 weeks later...