Numerous "Old Wounds" Cutscene Bugs

neoraFIVE

“Old Wounds” has many cutscenes bugs. Below are the bugs I have encountered:

• When speaking to Dr. Oggurobb, ambient NPCs from the map clip through my character and Dr. Oggurobb. These NPCs only appear on characters with higher influence with Dr. Oggurobb. Furthermore, Darth Rivix (who shouldn’t be there), clips through Tau when next to Dr. Oggurobb on Republic side. 
  • When speaking to Shae Vizla on the Fleet, there are clipping issues between the cutscene droids and the ambient environment droids. The green instanced doorway also appears in the cutscene on Empire side. 
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, neoraFIVE said:

When speaking to Dr. Oggurobb, ambient NPCs from the map clip through my character and Dr. Oggurobb. These NPCs only appear on characters with higher influence with Dr. Oggurobb. Furthermore, Darth Rivix (who shouldn’t be there), clips through Tau when next to Dr. Oggurobb on Republic side. 

Yeah, I find it makes the cutscene borderline unplayable. I'd really prefer to play Old Wounds without these super awkward graphical issues, I just hope I don't have to wait like a year for it to be fixed. 

8 minutes ago, OldVengeance said:

Yeah, I find it makes the cutscene borderline unplayable. I'd really prefer to play Old Wounds without these super awkward graphical issues, I just hope I don't have to wait like a year for it to be fixed. 

Same; it took them YEARS to fix the ambient NPCs on the Gravestone overlapping with characters during cutscenes. 

These issues are even worse if you're recording the cutscenes... 

• Like 1

I did not notice the clipping droids, but I definitely got the clipping NPCs in the Oggurobb scene. 

I also had a few other noticeable glitches in the scene with Shae though

• on my jedi knight, one of the dialogue lines had completely unmatched mouth movements
  • several instances of Theron sliding around instead of walking/moving naturally into new positions
  • flickering graphics all over the place (I have seen this a few other places in my game but nothing as bad as in this scene)

As you say, I really hope all these can get fixed without having to wait like 2+ years to get a clean recording lol

I laughed out loud when I saw the clipping.  Definitely immersion-breaking.  Isn't this basic game programming?  Didn't anyone watch the cutscenes before they released this?  It is, however, far from the worst thing about this release.

3 minutes ago, OldVengeance said:

AGAIN, this was not fixed in the latest patch.

Do know if Bioware has even acknowledged that this is a problem?

i don't see it listed within current 'Known Issues' thread:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/929916-game-update-73-known-issues/  ...but of course that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Also, they're called  Broadsword now-->https://forums.swtor.com/topic/930077-follow-up-on-swtor-development-update/

42 minutes ago, OldVengeance said:

Lol, force of habit. I've been following the devs comment on being part of Broadsword pretty closely for a while, but I've just gotten so used to Bioware being the company that I didn't even think about it when I mentioned it.

Yep i hear ya and thats why i've actually been calling them 'BroadWare'  :cool:

I compared videos on youtube of this bug triggering to ones where it didn't and I realized that part of it is dependent on the dialogue choice you make. Characters who pick the the dialogue option where you say "Whatever this relic was, it was used to inflict unspeakable suffering on others" will suddenly see Rivix glitching into Tau, but if they pick another, it won't happen.