I'm not opposed to the Black Talon per se; but...

Katahn

I don't mind the Black Talon, kind of a fun FP depending on the group.  But the fact that where I exit is either the Fleet or Dromund Kaas kind of sucks when I queued for the random FP in the back end of some distant world.  To return I have to fly back to whatever world I was on (costs money), then taxi/quick travel (costs money), and then work my way back from there (all of this costs time as well).  Any other FP when I'm done will deposit me right where I left to join the FP from.  Can we *please* change Black Talon (and the Pub version too naturally) to return us to our original point instead of randomly on our capital planet/fleet?

Edited by Katahn

4 minutes ago, eabevella said:

The real problem is why tf is Black Talon/Essels in the GF rotation in 7.0.

Just remove Black Talon/Essels from the group finder ffs and problem solved.

That would be the simplest way to it.  I'd be happy with just letting me exit to "previous location".

18 hours ago, Katahn said:

I don't mind the Black Talon, kind of a fun FP depending on the group.  But the fact that where I exit is either the Fleet or Dromund Kaas kind of sucks when I queued for the random FP in the back end of some distant world.  To return I have to fly back to whatever world I was on (costs money), then taxi/quick travel (costs money), and then work my way back from there (all of this costs time as well).  Any other FP when I'm done will deposit me right where I left to join the FP from.  Can we *please* change Black Talon (and the Pub version too naturally) to return us to our original point instead of randomly on our capital planet/fleet?

So first I'm going to ask the obvious question, if you're not willing to take the risk of getting a black talon or essels run, why are you joining a random FP in the middle of nowhere knowing that could happen? Personally I would love to see them straight removed from the rotation myself and is one reason why I automatically decline if I see someone under level 18 in the popup as that's a guaranteed black talon or essels run. Even worse is when they won't hit the spacebar making it take longer than it needs to and whine about it if you say something. Like dude you're in veteran flashpoints with 3 other people. If you want to watch the cutscenes go play it on story mode or find a group that doesn't mind watching the cutscenes. For me personally I would rather them throw Kuat Drive Yards back into the rotation more than Black Talon or Essels. Seriously needs to be a checkbox when you press the "join" button that says you want to skip the cutscenes, and if the majority of the group wants to skip them, it automatically skips save for convos that determine what route you take or similar. Anyways that's a completely different argument.

Unless you join in the middle of nowhere, which is entirely on you if you do, all other instances of going to fleet or the capital worlds is a non-issue. If you wanted to go back to fleet but you get put on the capital world, it puts you right next to a shuttle that will take you back there. 

The MM version does the same thing, it deposits you on fleet or capital planet.  It is the ONLY MM fp that doesn't automatically return you to where you started from. 

Pre 7.0 you could just filter out BT (and hammer, or any fp you didn't want to run) and still get the weekly/social points.  Now, you can't do that, so yeah, it's just more incentive to not bother with MM fp.  Or vet, but I haven't liked doing those on max level chars for years.

10 hours ago, captainbladejk said:

So first I'm going to ask the obvious question, if you're not willing to take the risk of getting a black talon or essels run, why are you joining a random FP in the middle of nowhere knowing that could happen?

Because I'd like to run a flashpoint.  There's no "risk" either.  If Black Talon pops (and I don't want to deal with the hassle of returning to where I was) I just quit the group and they can run with 3 people, recruit a fourth, or use a companion.  I would prefer that Black Talon (or Esseles) just be changed to let me return to my previous location. 

20 hours ago, captainbladejk said:

So first I'm going to ask the obvious question, if you're not willing to take the risk of getting a black talon or essels run, why are you joining a random FP in the middle of nowhere knowing that could happen?

Because Black Talon or whatever the lowest level FP is has a much higher chance to pop due to it being 1 of the few available FPs to low level toons.

I actually did a statistic report a few years ago on the Flashpoint sub-forum but at that time KDY instead of Black Talon was the lowest lv FP.

KDY and HS made up about half of the twenty something FPs that poped iirc.

Since BW replaced KDY with BT for some reason, it gets even more insufferable because BT is way worse than KDY.

On 6/19/2023 at 1:26 PM, Katahn said:

Because I'd like to run a flashpoint.  There's no "risk" either.  If Black Talon pops (and I don't want to deal with the hassle of returning to where I was) I just quit the group and they can run with 3 people, recruit a fourth, or use a companion.  I would prefer that Black Talon (or Esseles) just be changed to let me return to my previous location. 

I'm not going to complain if they changed it to give us a "previous location" spawn either, but at the same time this is the risk you take when you join various FPs. Point still stands, why take the risk if you're doing something in the middle of nowhere and don't want to get punted back to the fleet or capital world? 

Just more idiocy of the current team. Rather than actively improving the game, they make unnecessary changes that take the game backward.

BT (and Esseles) were NOT part of the general rotation (characters above level 15 could NOT get these two FPs) for years, even when there wasn't a SOLO mode.

With the addition of the SOLO mode, there is NO excuse for these being added to the general rotation given they are not at all like any of the other FPs (they have way more cut scenes than any others, are tuned so low a level 10 with a crappy companion could solo them, and have the ability to allow a troll to send the group to the capital world spaceport).

1 hour ago, captainbladejk said:

I'm not going to complain if they changed it to give us a "previous location" spawn either, but at the same time this is the risk you take when you join various FPs. Point still stands, why take the risk if you're doing something in the middle of nowhere and don't want to get punted back to the fleet or capital world? 

Because I want to run a FP and out of all of them there is precisely 1 that has the problem of not letting me return to my previous location.  When that one comes up I just bail it and wait out the timer to try again.  If that FP gave me the option to return to my previous location I wouldn't have to bail it.