Why do the macrobinocular and seeker droid missions become unable to be done solo SO far into them?! Why waste time with it when you don't know and they don't tell you?!

After years, I'm finally making more progress by forcing myself to focus on one class at a time instead of doing them all like I want. Like in any game, I play when I want, how I want, and I don't want to have to talk to strangers. Years ago I tried a group flashpoint but never again because I want to make MY choices and have it be my story like a single player game so I really don't get why stuff is locked out. I want to see all the content and make choices so of course I accepted the missions because I want to see everything.

Because of doing all the missions and everything, I got max level already and I've been doing all the planetary heroics easily. I have spent SO much time travelling to each planet and doing the seeker droid and binocular stuf, only to find out at the end that I can't actually do them.

My problem is, why does it not make it SUPER obvious from the START that it's a group thing?! It seemed like a solo mission like anything else, talking to NPCs and doing stuff and getting rewards. Why does it wait SO late to have unbeatable parts?

This is a fun game, but it's not a normal game where you can play by yourself. Not everybody wants to interact with other people and we're left with nothing. I play games to have fun and I see them as movies and play everything out in my head, so having something be unbeatable just because I don't want to interact with someone on MY story really breaks the immersion.

I just feel like I wasted SO much time because they didn't make it obvious right from the start that it wasn't a normal mission. I'm used to beating heroics by myself! I just want to experience my own story and see all the choices and plot and adventures like any other game, without having to have other people which I refuse to do...

This has been discussed a couple of times, similar to the Oricon-Questline it should definitely have been handled differently, like for example Yavin, where there are different options to continue in the end (operation or solo missions) or via an immediate branding as group content.

Today you will find it hard to find groups anyway - so it is not easy even if you do not avoid grouping. Binocular Heroic Mission 1 can be finished solo though, only the last mission requires 4 players as you need to push buttons.

Seeker Droid might be possible to solo (read about people who did it, but there are 2 parts that will be very difficult to solo including companion micromanagement), but with 2 if should definitely work.

On 6/12/2023 at 8:30 AM, Sundown said:

Seeker Droid might be possible to solo (read about people who did it, but there are 2 parts that will be very difficult to solo including companion micromanagement), but with 2 if should definitely work.

I have done it solo, once. But i would not recomend to anyone to try it, not even as a personal challenge.

The problem is not that it involves skill, there is some luck involved as well because the mechanics have so little marging to work well and the fight might reset too often. Some classes may have a better chance than others.

Better do it with 2 at least.

• Like 1