Every mmo deserve an fishing games or at least fishing

AssassinSaberPro

How would be cool if we have a fishing games?

I mean look at eso, wow, gw2, and some of the games with fishing. 
My best idea would be adding Kamino planet and maybe add an special area with fishing in it?

and you can do daily, reward, and maybe turn in fishes for token or exchange fish for specific token like lost token that was remove like the dark side token??

just thought it would be neat if we have something to do other than crafting/grinding stuff we can fish thing while we wait for event or 7.3 patches.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AssassinSaberPro said:

How would be cool if we have a fishing games?

Not very cool.(1)

10 hours ago, AssassinSaberPro said:

I mean look at eso, wow, gw2, and some of the games with fishing. 

I've played GW2's fishing, and ESO's, and ... no, just as boring as fishing in real life.  (Sorry @OlBuzzard, but I'm not a fan of fishing.)

(1) This is mainly an indication of the subjective nature of "how cool", and that my opinions of things are not the same as yours.

17 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Not very cool.(1)

I've played GW2's fishing, and ESO's, and ... no, just as boring as fishing in real life.  (Sorry @OlBuzzard, but I'm not a fan of fishing.)

(1) This is mainly an indication of the subjective nature of "how cool", and that my opinions of things are not the same as yours.

HA!!

No biggie bud!  If were only able to go fishing the way I did as a young child ... I'd agree with you 100%.  Sitting on a creek bank waiting for a few perch is not my idea of an exciting day either!

That being said ...  On an early spring morning  40 to 55 (F) cruising down the lake at 55 to 60 (mph) .. finding several LMB and ripping into a huge school of white bass (avg 1-2 lb each) ...  THAT my friend will get you hooked into it for life!

BTW.. the old man still can get 'em every now and then.  Two fiberglass reproductions the last two years!  PB is 7lb.  Gunning for a new PB this year!  AND ... I've narrowed down the field for a new "office" to one of three models!  Pheonix 920 Elite II / Bass Cat Eyra / Bass Cat 203 Hybrid (**) ... (***)

**The bottom of the hull is pattered after a Champion 203 (Mt. Home Arks. design)  ... which I have owned in the past!  It's one of the best hull designs ever made.  

*** I only buy used... never new!  Saves tons of cash that way!  Just waiting on the right deal to pounce on!  😉

36 minutes ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Well, nothing stops you *fishing* there, but, as on Quesh, throw whatever you catch back, and definitely do not eat it.

ROFL !!! 

I'm almost curious as to what sort of tackle anyone could use that would hold up in the first place!!  Acid resistant might not be good enough!!  

🤣

On 5/20/2023 at 1:30 PM, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

Fishing is about as fun as watching flies do the nasty.

If your looking for an MMO that has fishing in it, go check out LOTRO.

I hate fishing.

Oh GOOD!!

I'd hate for you to feel uncomfortable ... or be forced to do something that might be optional!

If you hate it that bad ... don't bother with it!  That simple!

41 minutes ago, OlBuzzard said:

Oh GOOD!!

I'd hate for you to feel uncomfortable ... or be forced to do something that might be optional!

Naaa. I'd be fine with it. That's just my opinion on it. That doesn't apply to anyone else. Just because I might not like something doesn't mean other people might not like it. Can never have too many options.

I'm totally cool with optional. :cool:

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

3 hours ago, WayOfTheWarriorx said:

Naaa. I'd be fine with it. That's just my opinion on it. That doesn't apply to anyone else. Just because I might not like something doesn't mean other people might not like it. Can never have too many options.

I'm totally cool with optional. :cool:

Totally agreed!

[/two thumbs up]

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

Oh GOOD!!

You might like the fishing on FFXIV as it also has ocean fishing.  I haven't gotten that far in my fishing, but there are quests for catching certain fish there.

• Like 1

Don't forget EverQuest 2's fishing.  That was actually fun.  MMOs all seem to do fishing differently.  

Idk if we really need fishing at this point, but is could prove an interesting event.  Would like to be able to swim though, like EQ2, since the launch of this game - doesn't have to be Naboo Gungan style to a deep underwater city, but just swimming from coast to coast and to islands.

Edited by blacksilverroar

On 5/20/2023 at 11:33 AM, OlBuzzard said:

HA!!

No biggie bud!  If were only able to go fishing the way I did as a young child ... I'd agree with you 100%.  Sitting on a creek bank waiting for a few perch is not my idea of an exciting day either!

That being said ...  On an early spring morning  40 to 55 (F) cruising down the lake at 55 to 60 (mph) .. finding several LMB and ripping into a huge school of white bass (avg 1-2 lb each) ...  THAT my friend will get you hooked into it for life!

BTW.. the old man still can get 'em every now and then.  Two fiberglass reproductions the last two years!  PB is 7lb.  Gunning for a new PB this year!  AND ... I've narrowed down the field for a new "office" to one of three models!  Pheonix 920 Elite II / Bass Cat Eyra / Bass Cat 203 Hybrid (**) ... (***)

**The bottom of the hull is pattered after a Champion 203 (Mt. Home Arks. design)  ... which I have owned in the past!  It's one of the best hull designs ever made.  

*** I only buy used... never new!  Saves tons of cash that way!  Just waiting on the right deal to pounce on!  😉

well damn I thought fishing was interesting and relaxing thing in mmo but i guess swtor disagree more on this than I do lol... oh well that ok I mean we can fish in other mmo for fun just not swtor right?

2 hours ago, AssassinSaberPro said:

well damn I thought fishing was interesting and relaxing thing in mmo but i guess swtor disagree more on this than I do lol... oh well that ok I mean we can fish in other mmo for fun just not swtor right?

Fishing is fun and relaxing.  (At least to me it is).  I've simply found a better way to expand on a favorite pass time.  If I can't find the fish at one spot in the lake .. then fire up the motor on my boat and move around a bit.  (Sometimes that doesn't work either ... but does help tremendously)

IMO .. when it comes to fishing there are always possibilities!  I'm still looking for that new double digit PB for a LMB!  

I guess it just depends on how a person wants to look at life / experiences!

I like the suggestion of having the fishing experience in SWTOR ... BUT I would also like for it to include a boat as well (and yes a quest to earn it)