Join a guild as a solo player?

KenBenoby

Hi, I'm completely new to the game, playing for few days only, level 12 Jedi Knight Guardian, still on the first planet. My focus is immersive, solo playing of the story lines, not interested much in anything else (yet). Is there any reason to join a guild for a player like me?

The perks such as XP bonuses, gathering speed bonuses, mission crit bonuses, and a whole list of more not to mention a channel to ask a question other than the general Troll chats. Just having a non-troll channel makes it worth it unless you like your answers in the short bus format.

• Like 1

The benefits, as listed by Ramahar, can help you progress through the game easier. Guilds also provide mentorship to teach you about the game. They can also lend a hand if you need a teammate on a mission. Furthermore, most guilds have either a Ship or a Stronghold(House) where they host parties, events and other social gatherings. Some guilds even roleplay various aspects of Star Wars lore. 

That said, you'll usually read people in chat spamming their guild advertisement in starter planets and factional fleet. Some are good, some are bad, some are big, some are small, some want your participation in conquest, some have strict rules, some are laidback, some focus on PvP, some on Operations, and some ERP. Anyway, I would "shop around" and see what fits your style and maybe if you decide to stay playing Swtor you can create your own guild.

• Like 1

Those perks are legitimate, but I'd advise joining a (good) guild simply for the community aspect. There is a wealth of social and multiplayer content in this game, and I strongly urge you to dip your toes into it, even if you're primarily looking for a solo experience.

• Like 1