Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SWTOR Won't Start

Almhath

SWTOR won't start. I log in. The Start page downloaded 7.2.1a.  But when I press Play, the "play' goes dim, but nothing happens. Successive pressing of Play brightens it, pressing again darkens it...but no starting.  I haven't been able to play for a week, now.

On fixing it, I'm NO programmer. If people tell me to do things with files and codes, I won't know what you're talking about.  

In the years I've played SWTOR, uploads come, but after they're done, I can still play. But not this time.

Ideas?

• Thanks 1

Setting some computer files to compatibility mode?  

I don't know what that means. I'm normally a mac user. Don't even know where to find such files, let alone what to do with them.

I jut need SWTOR to run after I've uploaded 7.2.1a.

EA, SWTOR...   iF YOU CAN'T ALLOW THE START PAGE TO BEGIN WHEN I PRESS PLAY, i'LL HAVE TO STOP SUBSCRIBING.

• Thanks 1

Having the same issues. When I try to log in, I get to the Character selection screen and get this message:

"Your current game version does not match the server's, please restart the game. Follow the Help Center Link below for more information."

The problem is there is no Help Center Link and as soon as you click "OK" the window closes and shuts down the launcher completely.  So with the list of people here I can only say this has to be a problem with the update and on YOUR end. 

To take this further I did try the suggestion Char-Ell made Have either of you reviewed this thread and followed the steps outlined there? . I am still having the same issue as listed above, so this did not help me or anyone with a similar issue

So here is a way to contact Customer Support if you cannot get in game support. And their answer was completely unsatisfactory to me as they said I basically did not get todays patch installed correctly and since it will not give the repair option I need to uninstall and reinstall. Hopefully some of you may get a more favorable answer as I am having to rethink now if I want to continue my several year subscription over this completely unsatisfactory experience. 

OTHER WAYS TO GET HELP WITH SW:TOR

If you need help with your account, get an error message while making a payment, or can't log in to the game, you can get help in a few ways.

Get help from the SW:TOR community on Answers HQ

If you have questions and want to crowdsource a fix, or want to connect with the community, get help from other players on Answers HQ.

Contact SW:TOR support by phone

Contact our team by calling the numbers listed below:

• USA: 1-(855)-345-2186
  • UK: +44 (0)208 1969 890
  • France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51
  • Germany: + 49 (0)221 8282 9212

Calls made from landlines are local-rate, while those made from mobile devices may be subject to additional charges from your provider.

Edited by mkerr

If you are having the problem where the "Play" button seems to do nothing, install the DirectX 9 legacy drivers as shown in this post by @OwenBrooks :

On 1/17/2023 at 4:37 AM, OwenBrooks said:

Some have found they have needed to re-install directx https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35
otherwise install the game via steam

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.