What's with pay for quick travel trips?

LtBabyLucien

On 3/29/2023 at 11:48 AM, Enriquezarmy said:

If you wanted to fix the broken economy then reset everyone's credits to 0 and shut down GTN for 24 hours, sucks but fair.

hahahhahaahahaha  That would KILL the player base!!!  STEALING OUR WEALTH is NOT COOL AT ALL and it would cause a MASS EXODUS AWAY from the game!

BTW taking anyone's credits away DOES NOT fix the economy.  It does not take away all the MANY MANY MANY MANY (unbound) CARTEL MARKET ITEMS i own that are NOT bound that WILL go right back on sale for 2,3,4 BILLION credits as soon as i get logged back in... probably a month later because people WILL SPEND on Cartel Market to sell items on GTN that they got on the CM.  The game will NEVER NOT be "pay to win".

if players would learn how to INVEST (whether real money or game monies) in this game, they wouldn't CRY LIKE BABIES over a measly <= 5k credit loss per QT.  Another thing is, the FASTER you get to higher levels of your character, the more the game GIVES FAR MORE CREDITS BACK TO YOU per quest completion and loot amounts.  Why are so many people forgetting this?  GET YOUR TOONS LEVELED to 80 ASAP!!!!!

Then you will NOT CARE or complain about lack of money anymore .... geez!!!!!   you get far more creds, as loot and rewards, at higher levels, than you do at lower levels!!!

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, lightningseven said:

oooooooo let the MASSIVE EPIC Reeee Reeeeeeeees BEGIN!!!!

BTW people, in old iterations of this game, there was ALWAYS a credit cost to Quick Travel!

They only took it away (the credits cost for QT) as a MUCH BELOVED QoL fix, around the time of DvL event (pre-KOTFE) because they wanted to make it easier to complete the DvL event and drive people thru all the new content in KOTFE.  And it stuck because people loved the free QT.

Now they're just being assholes about it lolllllllllllll

I agree with most people though, that such changes are NOT going to stop the gold spammer scammers, NOR affect the whale shark GTN billionaires in this game (which i am one of them, now -- but only because i have learned how to play GTN the LEGIT AND smart way).

There was no travel cost for Quick Travel prior to this.  I looked at the patch notes for both 4.0 and the patch where DvL started.   Neither of them have it.  Also, DvL happened after KOTFE dropped and it started with the same patch they released a new chapter in.   

6 hours ago, lightningseven said:

if players would learn how to INVEST (whether real money or game monies) in this game, they wouldn't CRY LIKE BABIES over a measly <= 5k credit loss per QT.  Another thing is, the FASTER you get to higher levels of your character, the more the game GIVES FAR MORE CREDITS BACK TO YOU per quest completion and loot amounts.  Why are so many people forgetting this?  GET YOUR TOONS LEVELED to 80 ASAP!!!!!

Then you will NOT CARE or complain about lack of money anymore .... geez!!!!!   you get far more creds, as loot and rewards, at higher levels, than you do at lower levels!!!

I...don't care about getting rich? This isn't a second life. This is a distraction from an already hectic life. But you have a point about getting more creds, loot, rewards at higher levels. Which is why I'm annoyed at the credit costs for QT as they stand, because longer distances are harder to afford at lower levels, especially if you don't have the creds to start with to hop to the stronghold and take creds from your legacy bank. A flat rate for QT, if only at lower levels, makes more sense to me if there's going to be a credit cost.

I'm not here for the LEVELS!!!!! and the MONEY!!!!! but the storyline and immersion in Star Wars. I use my real-life monies for Cartel Market items rather than credits on the GTN because most of the things I wanted on the GTN have never been accessible to me, not before the inflation or now. My credits mainly go to paying for transport, gear repairs, outfit unlocks/changes, and paying for upgrades to my gear. This is a game. Not a career. I've got one of those. Takes up a very intense 12+ hours of my day 3-4 nights/days a week. I shouldn't have to stay awake an extra 2-4 hours and put my patients at risk just so I can enjoy this game on my days off.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind a quick travel charge, but I think it's way too high. As an earlier poster noted, I don't want to spend my limited game time traveling on my mount. I suggest cutting them by about 50% and make them more consistent.  Alternatively, cut the quick travel price to the nearest speeder pad by a large percent, or remove it.

Just a thought.

Edited by Polakkus
  • Like 1