Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

In-game mailbox list empty despite mail indicator shown (number of mails shown also > 0)

khadoran

My inventory was full, so some items were sent by in-game mail. In the top left corner, it showed 1 unread mail message. Also, there was the green indicator flashing above the mailbox terminal in my stronghold on Nar Shaddaa. But, when I clicked on the terminal, the list of messages is empty. The tab itself also shows "Inbox[0]". As a side-note, the e-mail icon in the top left corner is dark gray while the rest of the icons and text are both light turquoise. I also tried the mailbox on the fleet, but still the inbox list was empty.

Next thing I tried was checking the e-mails on 2 other characters. There were multiple mails waiting, but the inbox list was also empty. I tried logging out and back in several times but that did not change anything.

This happened after the update 7.2.1 went live. Yesterday, I did receive mails and was able to read them.

Please, refer to the following screenshot:

https://postimg.cc/1nCLj2Z9

- Steam-Version on Linux

Edited by khadoran

47 minutes ago, GuigeekRhadamant said:

Messages disabled because of a bug exploit that let you have unlimited credits through mail it seems (yes, another one...).  🤣

Which affects sub'd players and their receipt of credits from sales on GTN? My mail isn't used as extra storage bin, and I only expect things coming from GTN as to whether or not items were sold or not.  No. Something is wrong with the in-game mail.

4 hours ago, Jozandra said:

Which affects sub'd players and their receipt of credits from sales on GTN? My mail isn't used as extra storage bin, and I only expect things coming from GTN as to whether or not items were sold or not.  No. Something is wrong with the in-game mail.

Yes, experiencing same problem. Unless the rando who replied has special knowledge others don't, I am assuming it's a bug caused by the recent patch. login/logout doesn't fix. Same with CTRL+U, nada.

Yes, I heard from a guild member that bioware disabled the mailbox super quickly just after the exploit was found out (and yes, the exploit was real, as always)

Edit : anyway, the mailbox is back since the last quick patch (21:20 GMT) for everyone

(about 10 hours ago)

Edited by GuigeekRhadamant

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.