Todays horribly huge patch,,stuck at the log in screen after 5 hour download

easyandrew

Yes I have high speed internet,,but anything regarding patches or updates from Bioware it`s always capped at 3.8mb`s,,,pathetic,,,so after all these hours of waiting to play,,it is now at the load in screen with the play button bright but when pressing it nothing happens,,AND I discovered even downloading the entire 38gig PTS last month,,it wants to redownload the entire thing again,,this is very disapoiting as I`m paying over 160$ a year for this game.

Easyandrew

When I download from other sites,or programs I can hit speeds up to 1gig -2 gigs easily,,but anything from this launcher is always maxed out to 3.8MEGABYTES,,,but when playing the game itself I`m at super low pings and my connection is back to normal.,I was more flustered as the play button not working ,,,but thank you all for replying I thought it was just me

5 minutes ago, xSilverFlare said:

Their latest post states they're extending the down time. Most likely more than an hour left now.

I called that in the predictions post, lol.  I think they shorted themselves on such a huge project like this.

When I download from other sites,or programs I can hit speeds up to 1gig -2 gigs easily,,but anything from this launcher is always maxed out to 3.8MEGABYTES,,,but when playing the game itself I`m at super low pings and my connection is back to normal.,I was more flustered as the play button not working ,,,but thank you all for replying I thought it was just me

I don't use anything other than the game launcher.  Worked fine for me, and well above what your issue with the launcher is.  You could have ISP routing issues, or something else going on.

Edited by Amodin

3 minutes ago, Amodin said:

I called that in the predictions post, lol.  I think they shorted themselves on such a huge project like this.

I think most games underestimate the actual time needed for maintenance like this. Especially exceptionally large updates like the one we received today.

so we get the update for 64bt only to still use dx9 instead of 12...I reinstalled Dx9,,The play button worked and I got to the main server selection,,obviously none are available and I kept hearing our cute little droid squeaking,,thanks for the tip!

Edited by easyandrew