Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Enhanced "Trainers."

RevBurt

The trainers in the game are pretty much worthless after you level.  So here is my suggestion:

Upon leveling to 80, have the trainer now join you in an instance for combat when you access them.  It would make them an enhanced training-dummy of sorts.  

This would also mean accessing trainers of other classes at this point to test yourself out with various class opponents.

For grins, throw in a DPS meter for these instances.

I'm not sure how this would work for people wishing to train healing or tanking, but I see it for DPS.

20 minutes ago, RevBurt said:

The trainers in the game are pretty much worthless after you level.  So here is my suggestion:

Upon leveling to 80, have the trainer now join you in an instance for combat when you access them.  It would make them an enhanced training-dummy of sorts.  

This would also mean accessing trainers of other classes at this point to test yourself out with various class opponents.

For grins, throw in a DPS meter for these instances.

I'm not sure how this would work for people wishing to train healing or tanking, but I see it for DPS.

This is what you want BioWare to allocate development resources to?  If BioWare still has "Wall of Crazy" it could be placed there but I certainly hope BioWare would not allocate any actual development resources to making this idea reality.  It would at best be nice-to-have quality of life enhancement but I can think of a lot of other things like new story content, new operations, lots of bugfixes, etc. that I would prefer be prioritized over something like this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If Bioware has the resources to do something useless like "romance companion" and then later one "same-sex romance companion," then surely it has the resources for something as simple as this.  The combat code already exists, in hundreds of NPCs and Bosses.  All you are doing is providing an instance and having your "trainer" adopt one of those combat roles with a difficulty adjustment.  There is more to gaming than chronic new content....like enhancing old content for vets.

A lot of computer programming is just rehashing what you already have done. Hardly a waste of " dev resources."

37 minutes ago, RevBurt said:

If Bioware has the resources to do something useless like "romance companion" and then later one "same-sex romance companion," then surely it has the resources for something as simple as this.  The combat code already exists, in hundreds of NPCs and Bosses.  All you are doing is providing an instance and having your "trainer" adopt one of those combat roles with a difficulty adjustment.  There is more to gaming than chronic new content....like enhancing old content for vets.

A lot of computer programming is just rehashing what you already have done. Hardly a waste of " dev resources."

Obviously we do not agree on this and as a fellow subscriber I am posting my opposition to your suggestion.

• Like 1

Noted.  

But this is a "Suggestion Forum" no?

So as a "fellow subscriber" I posted my suggestion.

Given, everyone has their favorite niche about the game and other aspects they don't bother with because they don't enjoy it.  For example, I personally don't enjoy decorating Strongholds (I don't like the hook restrictions), but that doesn't mean others feel the same. So why would I want to diminish their gaming experience by hoping the developers wont "waste time" on it?

That doesn't mean a suggestion is wrong and frankly just what does the suggestion take away from your personal gaming experience?

Nothing.

So if someone has a suggestion I like, I support it. If I don't like, then I just move one. But to say you vehemently don't like it and hope it is never implemented when it does absolutely nothing to your own gaming experience but enhances another player's, speaks volumes about the poster.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.