Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

JackieKo isn't communicating or responding on forums for about two weeks now

winpersec

16 hours ago, Stradlin said:

Sure. Those who dislike being Mandos  could pick some "I never chose this life, it was forced upon me!" -approach, and pretty much abandon the whole lot during C2&3, and either become closely aligned to Imps or betray errybody.

But they would still be stuck being of necessity a Mando.

On 3/12/2023 at 2:19 AM, Stradlin said:

Sure. Those who dislike being Mandos  could pick some "I never chose this life, it was forced upon me!" -approach, and pretty much abandon the whole lot during C2&3, and either become closely aligned to Imps or betray errybody.

I still cringe whenever I have to pick the 3rd option of that conversation.

Why can't I reject the offer politely without having to insulting him? It's just so unnecessary.

Why the options have to be (1) F*** yeah (2) Oh yeah! (3) F*** you

Why can't the 3rd option be something like "Thanks but no thanks"

On 3/11/2023 at 8:49 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

Even for the players that don't want to be Mandalorians?  The ones who are glad to be able to refuse the opportunity to become a Mandalorian in the current structure?

That could be a good future plot line like the traitor or loyalist one. Mando or Darmanda? 

On 3/11/2023 at 11:19 AM, Stradlin said:

That's essentially the option you get after the blacklist goes down. 

I feel like starting with mandos hews too closely to the agent storyline. Agent and trooper are about working inside their systems and having to affirm or reject imperial/republic institutional cultures. but BH and Smuggler are about the guys who are outside of those big cultures on the fringes, and imo it was a good decision to keep them that way throughout the class stories.

I just finished running BH to Ziost and i wish they had done that even more tbh, it's a little incongruous to have marr and Revan both claim that you're an outsider in the empire when you've taken point for illum, makeb and the revanite thing. Or for Marr to award you with a license to kill--almost word for word the same given to the smuggler--when you've had that license the entire time. The story beats when you show up on DK and imperial intelligence threatens to make you disappear is the sort of thing that should have been happening constantly in the story. Unlike the Sith , and even unlike the Agent, you're just a hired gun, you're good at what you do, but you could get gulaged the second you step out of line.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.