Stacking of Ability Effects

DWho

Could we get some clarification from the Devs on what does and does not stack in abilities "boosts". For example, if I have a character perk that gives a 5% boost to Mastery, and a relic that gives 5% and a guild perk that gives 5% and a utility that gives 5%, do those all "stack" (for a total of 20% to the base) or like the description in the guild perks says ("does not stack with similar effects") only one of them counts. In the guild perks, all of the ones that give an increase to stats seem to be greyed out because I have all the story completion perks (the 5% on various abilities from completing the story).

• Like 1

If Bioware doesn't respond (and they probably won't), you could figure this out by recording mastery changes while mixing and matching these bonuses. For guild perk, you can temporarily leave the guild to record mastery before and after. For relic, you just have to equip and unequip. For utility, if it's one you can pick, you can switch back and forth to compare mastery. For character perk, I don't remember this bonus. The only one I know is legacy character perk, but they don't increase mastery. Just make sure you're in a level 80 area while testing.

Even if you can't remove some of them, you can still test the ones you can. If tooltip says a 5% bonus, and it goes up 5% (while already having another mastery bonus), then you know it's a multiplicative stack. If it's gives nothing, you know it doesn't stack at all (with the existing bonuses) or it's bugged. If it gives less than 5%, it's probably an additive stack, and you might be able to figure out the base mastery before the unremovable mastery bonuses. If you do this, please post the results so everyone can benefit. 😃