Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Travel Around Rishi & Pain of the Datacron

JayForerunner

When I first landed here, I was extremely confused to not see the fast travel system most planets have. Doubly since two of the locations are disconnected, and one of the two I had to stumble upon just on my own since I don't see any other threads or explanations for how to reach the areas of Sky Ridge Island or Slave Island.

Even more painful is the 3 giant pig creatures to beat up, Grophets are what y'all chose to call them, and the spawn rate for the ones you need for the Datacron is just...PAINFUL! How did anyone ever stumble upon figuring out that this is what you need to do for the process? Who thought that camping around for upwards of an hour to get lucky would sound like fun?!

If anyone can help me out, that'd be nice.

(10 minutes later...)

Found the speeder place to get to the other island. It's really out of the way, for if you barrel on straight, you'd go through town and totally miss the taxi.

(2 hours later...)

OH, that grind was PAINFUL! I do like the colors and aesthetic of the island, with all those pirate "treasure island" vibes. Even the datacron thing would've been cool as a treasure hunt if it weren't for that RNG. Yeowch.

Edited by JayForerunner

1 hour ago, Darcmoon said:

Is that the first time you have ever been to Rishi?  I'm only asking because doing the story quests there takes you to all of the different areas as part of the questline.  

imagine playing this game for the first time and not doing any of the story/planet quests, just wandering from area to area blind lol. That's OP apparently.

Yeah the Rishi datacron still leaves a bad taste in my mouth... Add to all your complaints that (at least years ago when my spouse and I tried 2-manning it to take *some* of the tedium out of the grinding grophets) it apparently had a bug that kept grouped players from both getting the credit for the datacron. After all those terrible hours of grinding pigs, nothing (basically she got credit for the datacron like normal, but because I clicked it second I got diddly-squat)... 

Put in a ticket to CS about it right after it happened and their reply?

'yeah it's a known bug. Don't worry you can complete it again and it will give the credit if you aren't grouped that time'

...*insert choice expletive here* ...Well that response was the nail in the coffin for me to unsub for some time and it still bothers me to this day... it's been YEARS and I will NEVER try that quest again (and for that matter I refuse to try any new pita datacrons or similar that come out) because I'm not about to waste hours just to find a bug and be told "yeah waste that much time again and maybe it'll work like promised then. feeling lucky? Have fun!" yet again... 

I liked Rishi ok up until that point. Now I hope the emperor shoves it right into the nearest sun.

Edited by jmonka

I brute forced the datacron grophets using alts. I placed an alt on PvE and PvP instance and the three spawn points. You need six alts to do this. Then just cycle through alts, kill the mob that spawned, relog to next alt. When you find a data packet, you can stop logging on those two alts. It speeds up the grind quite a bit. With my loading times (regular HDD), I only had to wait 5-10 seconds after logging in to see it spawn and take it out.

Just be aware, the data packs don't work with shared tagging. One player will get a data packet. The rest get nothing. Luckily, there aren't many people doing these achievements these days. Odds are it won't happen, but it did happen once to me. I attacked first, another player saw the grophet and joined in, they got the data packet, and I had to keep farming.

Edited by ThanderSnB

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.