Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Mission "Iron Beast" Kicking my Butt...

denavin

I don't know what has changed but the groups of mobs doing Iron Beast are kicking my butt, and kicking it quickly. I have been able to complete the mission but I can not defeat the groups of mobs in the area where you have to disable the sensors. The 2 Gold mobs and the other 5 plus the healer in each group are simply kicking my rear end into the dirt before I can even do any thing. I have green 320 gear and it seems as though I am wearing nothing. The amount of damage I am getting hit with is around 30 to 60K per hit. and the uninterruptible dot does massive amounts of damage.

What am I doing wrong. I don't stand in stupid (red) I go for the healer first but I can rarely defeat even the healer before the 2 gold mobs kill me. If I can not find another player doing these groups the only way I can complete this mission is to die at every group, revive and move to the next group and die again then move to the next group an die again. It's no fun and the amount of time I have to wait to revive ends up being almost 5 minuets because I die so many times.

The rest of Runuk is ok but this one area is near impossible to do....

HELP!!

Yeah I just did this and had to kill all the lesser mobs and veteran before taking on the 2 elites.  Died after taking on the first group and then respawned when fighting the 2 elites and finally got them down.  Using a bit of CC helps I guess but being brand new to end game or even a current expansion I don't have a clue what the meta is, so yeah I feel ya.

13 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

Are you bringing a companion? Is it set to heals?

Yes companion is not maxed but over 30 to 45 on most. They're not much help... The don't cure the dot and that does massive amounts of damage and when you have 2 of them on you it does not take long to die.

5 hours ago, jedipattawan said:

Yeah I just did this and had to kill all the lesser mobs and veteran before taking on the 2 elites.  Died after taking on the first group and then respawned when fighting the 2 elites and finally got them down.  Using a bit of CC helps I guess but being brand new to end game or even a current expansion I don't have a clue what the meta is, so yeah I feel ya.

I have tired that does not help. I many times can not even get the healer down before the 2 gold mobs kill me. If I do manage to get the healer down I still do not survive the 2 golds.

3 hours ago, Mercielaga said:

Watch what aggroes and when. There is at least one area (T intersection in one heroic area) where if you hit a pyrotech in one mob, it aggroes the mob way down the hall from it, as though the pyro is considered part of both groups.

I'm not getting swarmed by multiple groups. If I pull more than one I expect to die. No I'm talking about single groups of mobs that are quickly grinding my butt into the dirt.

The only class so far that I have, that has not had a problem doing it is my Sorcerer. Even my Juggernaut got her butt kicked in there. My Sentinel lasts about 8 seconds then dead, and my Sentinel has the best gear of all my characters. My Commando about 20 seconds. My Guardian, depending on the groups for some reason I can make it almost all the way in but there are 2 groups that I just can not defeat. Gunslinger, Sage and Marauder don't stand a chance at all.

Why is a Solo Story Mission in a Heroic group area anyway. That need to be changed.

I finished this mission alone only because of dumb luck, was on my Guardian Vigilance ( main class is Consular Sage) and one of the mobs pushed Zenith out of Commander's AoE and he could actually heal me. But, as I said, this was only very very very dumb luck, when I tried the same mission on Sorcerer or Sniper I had my caboose handed to me in seconds. 

Best way to do it is to be grouped, I asked for help in guild and a PT tank helped me, even if his companion ( Lana Beniko) died instantly. 

2 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

I finished this mission alone only because of dumb luck, was on my Guardian Vigilance ( main class is Consular Sage) and one of the mobs pushed Zenith out of Commander's AoE and he could actually heal me. But, as I said, this was only very very very dumb luck, when I tried the same mission on Sorcerer or Sniper I had my caboose handed to me in seconds. 

Best way to do it is to be grouped, I asked for help in guild and a PT tank helped me, even if his companion ( Lana Beniko) died instantly. 

Yeah grouped for a solo story mission... Trying to get a group to do that is like pulling teeth with your fingers.... Not Going to Happen

A Solo Story Mission should NOT be in a Group Heroic Zone.... PERIOD!

20 minutes ago, denavin said:

Yeah grouped for a solo story mission... Trying to get a group to do that is like pulling teeth with your fingers.... Not Going to Happen

I agree with you, this shouldn't have happened. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 10:37 PM, denavin said:

I'm struggling with this mission at the moment on a Marksmanship Sniper - there is one group outside the hidden room that I've stopped at as they are too difficult to get through. I think the longest I've managed to survive (and not sure how) is around 30-40 seconds.

Yes, companion is set to heals. No, companion is not level 50 (and I really don't think that matters much). A solo story line should NEVER be put into a heroic area - that's just dumb.

I am now stopped in story progression until the gear IR level goes up enough to make a difference, so will be quite some time until I can work on this character and get to the end of the story now. Looks like I will be taking all my Lvl 80 characters up to this point then stopping.  Very disappointing.

That group will be tough for green 320 gears even when you follow the kill order. You'll need every edge you can get.

I would suggest getting your gear to 324 & proper implants & tactical. Run a few story mode operations to earn tech fragments for implants and tactical if you don't have them.

Try getting your accuracy as close to 110% as possible to minimize the chance of missing a hit.

What companion are you using? Ranged companions are usually better at heal than melee ones. Z00M is supposed to be the best heal now iirc but if you don't have her, any will do.

LV50 will help a bit compared to LV4x.

It sucks and it shouldn't happen. But if that doesn't work, I would suggest focusing on unlocking Hyde and Seek and get blue prototype 336 gears once and for all.

PS: TziganeNZ you might want to try Engie. Marksman is my first spec and will forever be my heart but its dps really is bad. Engie rotation is very easy but it does way more dps than poor marksman.

Edited by eabevella
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, eabevella said:

That group will be tough for green 320 gears even when you follow the kill order. You'll need every edge you can get.

I would suggest getting your gear to 324 & proper implants & tactical. Run a few story mode operations to earn tech fragments for implants and tactical if you don't have them.

Try getting your accuracy as close to 110% as possible to minimize the chance of missing a hit.

What companion are you using? Ranged companions are usually better at heal than melee ones. Z00M is supposed to be the best heal now iirc but if you don't have her, any will do.

LV50 will help a bit compared to LV4x.

It sucks and it shouldn't happen. But if that doesn't work, I would suggest focusing on unlocking Hyde and Seek and get blue prototype 336 gears once and for all.

PS: TziganeNZ you might want to try Engie. Marksman is my first spec and will forever be my heart but its dps really is bad. Engie rotation is very easy but it does way more dps than poor marksman.

Thanks so much for your reply - very much appreciated.

Her IR is 323. She has a couple of 324 blue pieces picked up as drops, and is using a Refraction Point tactical. I have done the implant quest but not impressed with the selection available as there are none with accuracy.  Her accuracy is 112.2%, so I do have a bit of room to move here. Companion is ranged at LV15 - I could change to my highest level companion which is Altuur at level 23 (but would have to turn sound off as that squeaking drives me nuts). I don't have any companion alerts but don't have Z0-0M either on this character - don't know why as I do have her on others.

Operations are completely a non-starter as I do not group - ever.  Solo only.

I LOVE Marksmanship....but will give Engineering a look - thanks for the advice.

Gear or tactics will not make much difference when the mobs can do over 20k to 50k per hit while stunning your and knocking you back constantly.. It does not take long for them to go through your 300k HP. My Sentinel last about 6 to 10 seconds or less. All while I do about 2k to 5k damage to them. Balance in this game now sucks as do the devs idea of fun.

HEY DEVS: Being DEAD all the time is NOT FUN!

• Thanks 1

One Elite enemy on Ruhnuk is more dangerous than the others. He appears mainly in heroic areas. His name is "Hidden Chain Commander" and has Ranged set of abilities. Ability you need to watch for is "Missile Salvo." It is channeled AoE that hits like a truck. Even if you interrupt it immediately, its first tick can take quite a lot of HP. If both you and your companion will get hit by it, it can get really bad really quickly. Procedure:

Before you start the fight, check if he is in the group. If he is, forget about recommended kill order and kill him first. Whenever he will use Missile Salvo interrupt him or stun him ASAP. As long as he lives, try to be away from your companion as far as possible. If you have croud control ability, he is good target for it.

4 hours ago, Eru_Mewtwo_CZECH said:

One Elite enemy on Ruhnuk is more dangerous than the others. He appears mainly in heroic areas. His name is "Hidden Chain Commander" and has Ranged set of abilities. Ability you need to watch for is "Missile Salvo." It is channeled AoE that hits like a truck. Even if you interrupt it immediately, its first tick can take quite a lot of HP. If both you and your companion will get hit by it, it can get really bad really quickly. Procedure:

Before you start the fight, check if he is in the group. If he is, forget about recommended kill order and kill him first. Whenever he will use Missile Salvo interrupt him or stun him ASAP. As long as he lives, try to be away from your companion as far as possible. If you have croud control ability, he is good target for it.

Another problem with him is that unlike the player AOEs and most NPC AOEs, the radius is quite a bit bigger than the circle on the ground shows it to be. 

8 hours ago, Eru_Mewtwo_CZECH said:

He is Immune to Crowd Control, Holds, Stuns and Knockbacks and resists most of the damage you put on him... In other words, there is no way to kill him solo before he kills you.

4 hours ago, Darcmoon said:

Another problem with him is that unlike the player AOEs and most NPC AOEs, the radius is quite a bit bigger than the circle on the ground shows it to be. 

There is also another little trick BW has done to us.

Watch your casting bar. EVERY time a mob so much as touches you it will reset your casting. So there are times when all the mobs are hitting you, can make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to use a single skill because every time you get hit, it resets your casting time. This will allow the mobs to beat you into the ground all while you CAN NOT cast a single skill. All you can do it stand there and mash your keys while you watch your character rapidly die.

Being DEAD all the time IS NOT FUN!

On 3/18/2023 at 4:11 AM, TziganeNZ said:

Thanks so much for your reply - very much appreciated.

Her IR is 323. She has a couple of 324 blue pieces picked up as drops, and is using a Refraction Point tactical. I have done the implant quest but not impressed with the selection available as there are none with accuracy.  Her accuracy is 112.2%, so I do have a bit of room to move here. Companion is ranged at LV15 - I could change to my highest level companion which is Altuur at level 23 (but would have to turn sound off as that squeaking drives me nuts). I don't have any companion alerts but don't have Z0-0M either on this character - don't know why as I do have her on others.

Operations are completely a non-starter as I do not group - ever.  Solo only.

I LOVE Marksmanship....but will give Engineering a look - thanks for the advice.

You can check this Swtorista guide for better explanation and start from step 7 since you've already got the blue pieces: https://swtorista.com/articles/level-80-solo-gearing-in-swtor-7-1/ 336 blue gear will make things easier.

The implants are for class specific bonus, their other stats are not that important. For marksman, the 1st one you should get is Lock and Loaded that give you +5% dmg, the 2nd one is Improved Targeting that reduces the cd time of your buff. Since you play solo, tech frag will be hard to get, so focus on getting Lock and Loaded first.

Refraction Point tactical works but personally I prefer the one that renew the poison dart dot with follow through and penetrating blast. But if you're going to check Engie (Mark Biggs did a really good Engie tutorial on youtube, I actually learned the spec from that vid only recently), don't bother to change tactical because if you like Engie, it uses another one. They do share the same implants so you don't need to worry about them.

Any accuracy more that 110% doesn't do anything but if you can't replace an accuracy gear without lowering the stat under 110%, 112.2% is fine.

The basic of gearing is 110% accuracy first, then 7.14% Alacrity (for 1.4GCD), the rest to critical.

Lv23 Altuur is better than lv15, I don't like the squeaking sound either but he's the better choice.

Hope this help. The cutscene from the Ruhnuk story is pretty great.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem and have yet to get anyone to group with me.  As a result, I'm stuck at this point.  Very annoying.  After reading the comments here, I see what the developers have done.  I was afraid I'd somehow taken on a heroic, but apparently, they just put the mission in a heroic area.  Wish they'd fix this, so I can move on.

33 minutes ago, MaryEO said:

I have the same problem and have yet to get anyone to group with me.  As a result, I'm stuck at this point.  Very annoying.  After reading the comments here, I see what the developers have done.  I was afraid I'd somehow taken on a heroic, but apparently, they just put the mission in a heroic area.  Wish they'd fix this, so I can move on.

What I did was work my way through to the group outside the 'hidden room' - I can manage the other groups if I take them slowly and carefully, but that last group is just too difficult. So I did a kamikaze run - ran through them (yes, I was yelling "Banzai!") to where the hidden room was and died on the stairs outside it (it is down a level from the floor). Once I revived, I moved to the green door and slipped through while still invis....

Not ideal by any means, but it moved me forward and I managed to finish the mission line. I'm now stuck on the relic hunt mission - have got all mission terminals *except* the one in the heroic tunnels, and I just can't work up the courage (or whatever) to go there.

Edited by TziganeNZ
Tenses, who needs them anyway?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.