How to Defeat the Iokath Sentinels

ArialBurnz

If anyone is still playing the Iokath storyline, I figured out how to defeat the sentinels. This is for the Showdown on Iokath - the part where you are fighting three champion Iokath sentinel droids after Empress Asina uses the superweapon.

Be sure to have your BEST companion up before you enter the room. If you die, restart at area and bring out your companion, then head to the location where the map tells you to enter and redo the instance. I was on my Shadow, so I stealthed to the location.

Once inside, experiment with the best damage, but the stomp is NOT the best way to kill them. Use all your abilities, but you will probably only get one sentinel down. When you die, revive INSIDE THE ROOM and - when invisible after reviving - put your walker as far from the two remaining sentinels as possible. Hopefully, you will not aggro them and you can use your healing ability to get your health to full. AND your companion should be in the room with you. At least mine was. The heals from her weren't great, but they were better than nothing. She was in there to fight with me against the last two sentinels.

If you die again, revive in the room and repeat until the last one is down.

This was the only way I was able to defeat the Sentinels and get past this part of the quest. That's my experience, FWIW.

May the Force be with you,

Arial

I stand on one of the otter sentinels and stomp then fire at the middle. The outer dies I move over to the other outer stomp and fire at the center sentinel. The center dies just before the other outer dies. It failed me a couple of times before but it seems to work for me.

It used to be you could stand in the middle of them and just Stomp away, but they took away that trick. Stomp no longer damages them. What I do is stand in the same space as one of them. It can no longer hurt you. Focus fire the 1 and 3 button missiles on one Sentinel until destroyed. Then focus fire on the other one. Once both are destroyed move off the Sentinel you are on and do the same. You will likely die once. Respawn in the room, heal as much as you can before you appear, then quickly get back onto the Sentinel you were before and continue your focus fire. Both Sentinels should be dead with you at about half health. You will destroy the third one with barely life left.

If you die a second time you have to respawn at base and get back there. If you wait to respawn in the room a dead Sentinel will respawn. It used to be when you respawn at base the entire quest is reset with three Sentinels. Fortunately when they removed the Stomp trick they at least also removed the restart. When you get back to the room you're at the same point where you died. A dead Sentinel remains dead. A damaged Sentinel is at the same damage.

If it matters this is for Story Mode play. I don't play on Veteran or Master, so I don't know if this strategy would work on the harder modes.

4 hours ago, Hadsil said:

It used to be you could stand in the middle of them and just Stomp away, but they took away that trick. Stomp no longer damages them. What I do is stand in the same space as one of them. It can no longer hurt you. Focus fire the 1 and 3 button missiles on one Sentinel until destroyed. Then focus fire on the other one. Once both are destroyed move off the Sentinel you are on and do the same. You will likely die once. Respawn in the room, heal as much as you can before you appear, then quickly get back onto the Sentinel you were before and continue your focus fire. Both Sentinels should be dead with you at about half health. You will destroy the third one with barely life left.

If you die a second time you have to respawn at base and get back there. If you wait to respawn in the room a dead Sentinel will respawn. It used to be when you respawn at base the entire quest is reset with three Sentinels. Fortunately when they removed the Stomp trick they at least also removed the restart. When you get back to the room you're at the same point where you died. A dead Sentinel remains dead. A damaged Sentinel is at the same damage.

If it matters this is for Story Mode play. I don't play on Veteran or Master, so I don't know if this strategy would work on the harder modes.

Stomp still damages them. You have to be standing on one of them and not in the middle though.  I did that quest a few weeks ago and it worked. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have just tried and failed again with the showdown mission.  did everything mentioned above.  The droids just keep respawning at full health and all three no matter if I get one down or not.  After the second respawn they just aggro - I will get one down and 2 or more will pop back up again.  So frustrating.  Also companion is dismissed as soon as the walker stands up so that is no help either.  Companion did not rejoin me after running all the way back from medcenter - immediately disappeared when walker stood up.  Really think this is seriously bugged again.

13 hours ago, DawnAskham said:

Step 1: Travel to your ship.

Step 2: Take the 'skip to Ossus' mission.

Step 3: Click ok on all the 'Are you sure' boxes.

Step 4: Never look back, letting the memory of Iokath fade away like a bad dream.

But remember the possibility of step 5: Realise that you messed up and your character cannot marry Theron or Lana, as appropriate.

On 6/2/2023 at 9:13 AM, Dancerofstars said:

I have just tried and failed again with the showdown mission.  did everything mentioned above.  The droids just keep respawning at full health and all three no matter if I get one down or not.  After the second respawn they just aggro - I will get one down and 2 or more will pop back up again.  So frustrating.  Also companion is dismissed as soon as the walker stands up so that is no help either.  Companion did not rejoin me after running all the way back from medcenter - immediately disappeared when walker stood up.  Really think this is seriously bugged again.

Just did it yesterday. The trick is to avoid the red circles. It is the one attack that actually hurts.

Just pick a droid, beam it, missile it, stump it, and most importantly, keep walking in a big circle (while using the basic shooting) when you see red circles, then rinse and repeat.

You can even timed between the circles so that you can stop and (re)load cluster missile to deal big damage.

PS: They actually nerfed it a bit. I can only took 2 down before but yesterday I kill 3 in one go.

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2023 at 5:02 AM, eabevella said:

Just did it yesterday. The trick is to avoid the red circles. It is the one attack that actually hurts.

Just pick a droid, beam it, missile it, stump it, and most importantly, keep walking in a big circle (while using the basic shooting) when you see red circles, then rinse and repeat.

You can even timed between the circles so that you can stop and (re)load cluster missile to deal big damage.

PS: They actually nerfed it a bit. I can only took 2 down before but yesterday I kill 3 in one go.

Just tried it an hour ago.  Completely avoided red circles, but they shoot at me regardless and their regular attacks are enough to kill me in the time it takes for me to finish one.  I immediately respawn, and then by the time I get the second one done, the first one has respawned.  It's just an endless loop of respawns. I have tried every strategy I have read about:

1. Stand in middle and stomp

2. Walk in a circle and beam/ stomp one at a time

3. Stand on one and stomp/ shoot other two

Makes the whole planet and storyline end on a giant wet fart, and possibly breaks the romance with Theron Shan (I'm about to find out). They need to look at this.

Edit: Though it remains an absolutely terrible fight, I did get it on my last try.  Basically, ignore every attack you have except for the missile attack that takes a really long time to charge.  Every other attack you have is a noob trap, save possibly for the beam that you need to charge up.  You can finish one of them off with that.  Stomping and every other attack does way too little damage to waste a cooldown on.

ALso, do not respawn in the room.  Try to get two down with missiles, and then respawn in the med center.  Hit the button to go back immediately, there will only be one.  Then kill it with missiles before the other two respawn.  

Either the other attacks need to do more damage, or everything apart from your two charged attacks needs to be grayed out.  Honestly, they probably need to cut the health of these guys by at least 1/3 in story mode.  I almost rage quit the entire game.  It was that bad.

Edited by Yeebo
Update
  • Like 2