The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Forge Down

Ixcoria

Someone... PLEASE make sure you feed the server hamster AT LEAST daily.

Poor guy, running his heart out on that little wheel, trying to keep the server running... we could, at least, make sure he has enough lettuce to get through the day.  Maybe even a carrot.

Some borshcht... a little kombucha... some nice peppers, you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The server is up, but is LAGGING OUT. I'm getting 9ms latency on speed tests, but 600ms in pvp matches.

Like, how am I supposed to finish PVP Seasons like this? I have 14 weeklies I need to do still, and I was gonna grind out half of em this week. If this keeps up, all the work I've put in so far will be meaningless. Hope it gets fixed fast...

• Sad 2

46 minutes ago, JowyyKazza said:

Starforge it seems is quickly becoming the swtor equivalent to the swg starsider server, which was laggy and just horrible to play on.

ahhh  SWG , the good ole days ... /sigh :sy_galaxy:

46 minutes ago, JowyyKazza said:

Here’s hoping the move to aws improves things. 

BioWare seems to be on the case at least--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/927845-update-on-the-star-forge-server/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bioware, this is now officially, unacceptably ridiculous!  FIX YOUR SERVER!

You owe us!  All the players on Star Forge, you owe us some sort of substantial in-game compensation for all this downtime that has left us unable to play the game that at least some of us are paying a subscription fee to play! 

Un-frakkin'-believable the crap we put up with on this Server.  👎😒 

2 minutes ago, angusstout said:

Think it better on the other server? Maybe we should switch?

From what's been said on previous downtimes, apparently Star Forge is the only one this keeps happening to.  Looks like our Server gets stuck with the hand-me-down server hardware that's held together with duct tape and a prayer! 🙄

I kept thinking it was me that was the problem. I repaired client, deleted client and redownloaded, kept getting stuck at loading screen upon logging in and wondered why it was not letting me in at all but making the sounds. Now I know others are having the same issue. Wonder why Bioware has made no comment on the ongoing issue yet? I looked around and found no information on it. To add to the frustration, I have accounts on other servers I could log in to if it would give me the option to. I think it's about time Bioware made it possible to access the servers in the client before you hit Play so that way you can avoid this hiccup.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alydian said:

. I think it's about time Bioware made it possible to access the servers in the client before you hit Play so that way you can avoid this hiccup.

That would be nice yeah.

Anyways,  it seems to be *down*  yes --> https://www.swtor.com/server-status

However, some of us  are still online & still playing.  Probably because we haven't logged out yet  nor swapped characters yet.

hmm.... Might just be the login server?  i dunno

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: weird things happening on Star Forge now with peeps still in-game
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

That would be nice yeah.

Anyways,  it seems to be *down*  yes --> https://www.swtor.com/server-status

However, some of us  are still online & still playing.  Probably because we haven't logged out yet  nor swapped characters yet.

hmm.... Might just be the login server?  i dunno

It's ALWAYS Star Forge!  Looks like I have to transfer my characters to Satele Shan, which is going to mean losing Guild Memberships, as well.  What a bunch of Bantha Poodoo! 👎😒

2 minutes ago, Quizar said:

I cant even get to Character select screen to be able to get to other server

Same here. All I get it is the loading screen (Heta vs. Shae) and the spinning wheel with what sounds like a mouse droid mocking me for waiting for so long.

16 hours ago, BFEgypt said:

Same here. All I get it is the loading screen (Heta vs. Shae) and the spinning wheel with what sounds like a mouse droid mocking me for waiting for so long.

Last night I got sooo tired of staring at that bald git's head on the never-ending loading screen!