HK-51, getting the item as the opposite faction

So I'm doing the HK-51 missions and I'm at the part where I collect the various parts.  I play imp but have some pub characters.  The mission requires me to get one of the items from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.  Obviously I'll need to do this on my pub character but do I need the quest to do this?  I was able to mail the scanning device to my pub alt and they can use it to scan for the HK-51 parts.

Will I have to pick up the quest on my pub character to get that one part?

52 minutes ago, Doc_Shady said:

So I'm doing the HK-51 missions and I'm at the part where I collect the various parts.  I play imp but have some pub characters.  The mission requires me to get one of the items from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.  Obviously I'll need to do this on my pub character but do I need the quest to do this?  I was able to mail the scanning device to my pub alt and they can use it to scan for the HK-51 parts.

Will I have to pick up the quest on my pub character to get that one part?

No, you just need the scanner.  Remember to not open the package that you find in the Jedi Temple, but just send it (by mail or by Legacy Storage) to the Impsider who will then open the package.  The package is bound to your legacy, but the item inside is bound to whichever character opens it.

• Like 3