Launcher Bug

Aireforceee

Hi !

i downloaded today swtor on my new PC, (not on steam)

after the download there is that PLAY button in yellow, which shines yellow but if i click on that button, nothing happens, The game dosnt start.
The button turns into a light gree and if i click on it again, it turn back to yellow.

Could any1 help me out to fix this bug?

If u want u can add me on discord to directly help me there
add: Almira#2591

thank u

found when I downloaded through Steam it installed Direct X9 and .NET3 which fixed my issue which you may have because when I downloaded direct, nothing happened when I clicked play but when I downloaded through Steam; it installed the aforementioned programs and fixed for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I had the same issue today.

If you're looking in Bioware you could make our lives much easier if you'd have the launcher tell us what's wrong rather than just silently failing to launch the game.  It's crystal clear that the Launcher is aware of the lack of correct DirectX 9 support since it's not even attempting to start the game.

When this error condition happens, just pop up a messagebox saying "DirectX 9 is not properly installed. Please download from Microsoft's web site and install it."  It's a one line fix for the love of the Force.

MessageBox(nullptr, "DirectX 9 is not properly installed.\nPlease download from Microsoft's web site and install it.", "SWTOR", MB_OK);

You'd save us all so much trouble if you'd do this.

Edited by dgnuff

• 3 weeks later...