Exit Area no longer an option on Utility Bar 2?

klizilii

On 2/3/2023 at 5:11 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Digging into this myself, and the answer is that "Exit Area" is only visible *anywhere* if you could possibly use it.  (That is, if you are in an exitable area...)

Not true. This "exit area" on the minimap is 'still bugged' and often does not appear when in a personal stronghold or guild ship.
https://imgur.com/UkfPcM8
(yes the tabs were enabled as "maximal" in the editor)
Could possibly be bugged for others on the utility bar as well but I have not seen it in my situation.

Edited by ronin_chi_lao
Added screen capture of exit area not on top of minimap only on utility bar

9 hours ago, ronin_chi_lao said:

Not true. This "exit area" on the minimap is 'still bugged' and often does not appear when in a personal stronghold or guild ship.
(yes the tabs were enabled as "maximal" in the editor)

Actually, thinking about it, this part, about the minimap, is correct.  (I was testing in my stronghold.)

• 2 months later...

I haven't had an exit area button for months now. In stronghold, in PvP zones, in FPs... it just never shows up, minimal or maximal map, utility bar 2 on or off, checked all the additional options for utility bar 2 and nothing shows up to add it. 

In most areas I can right click portrait and go to phase and exit to get out, but in PvP zones I have to just wait out the timer if I miss accidentally close the score board window. It's getting very annoying. 

13 minutes ago, khamseen_air said:

I haven't had an exit area button for months now. In stronghold, in PvP zones, in FPs... it just never shows up, minimal or maximal map, utility bar 2 on or off, checked all the additional options for utility bar 2 and nothing shows up to add it. 

In most areas I can right click portrait and go to phase and exit to get out, but in PvP zones I have to just wait out the timer if I miss accidentally close the score board window. It's getting very annoying. 

Go into your interface editor.  I had the same issue, and even made a bug report about it.  Turned out they detached the exit button from utility bar 2, neglected to tell us, and did not do the smart thing and have the button default to the middle of the screen.  The default location, for me at least, was at the top of the screen to the right of the menu bar, which, for me, was under a quick bar.  At least now we can move the exit button to a location that is convenient for us and our UI layout without it being an invisible element that overlaps other UI elements.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ceryxp said:

Go into your interface editor.  I had the same issue, and even made a bug report about it.  Turned out they detached the exit button from utility bar 2, neglected to tell us, and did not do the smart thing and have the button default to the middle of the screen.  The default location, for me at least, was at the top of the screen to the right of the menu bar, which, for me, was under a quick bar.  At least now we can move the exit button to a location that is convenient for us and our UI layout without it being an invisible element that overlaps other UI elements.

Thank you! I also had a quick bar where it had decided to auto place and thus never saw it. After seeing your post though I moved the quick bar and right enough, there it is, completely hidden away lol. Would have been nice if they auto placed that in the middle of the screen somewhere so we knew it existed now. 

• Like 1