332 PvP Set vs 332 Mod

darksidenerd

Similar to the newest thread below - 

Is the general consensus 332 Mod gear is better than the 332 PvP set? I think I recall a YT guy running the numbers for 228 and saying Mod 228 was better.  Is that still the case?
I've maxed 2 toons with 332 PvP gear w/Augs. Curious if I should go for the Mods instead.  TY.  

I'm not sure, I haven't checked it recently since the ceiling changed to 332 gear. When it was 328s I don't think there was any difference stats wise. The reason you'd take the mods is because they are easier to get and u can min max your stats better. So much easier to go to the vendor and grab an alacrity enhancement to make sure u are hitting the 1.4 GCD, rather than search through all the static pieces of gear for the one that has alacrity on it ect. Scoundrel/Op for example, don't have crit on the dps belt iirc it's accuracy which you don't need. So you have to buy the healing spec belt to get the crit you need.

Edited by Samcuu

Choosing your own mods and enhancements is always going to be better, as you can chose your build directly.

The pvp sets are better than the pve rakata sets at 332, they give you more power/mastery rather than endurance.

but The Hyde quest mods give you the same, but you chose the build. High alacrity, high Crit. Whatever you want 

This is a bit confusing as the stats for a piece of 332 Thrysian PVP gear, matches the same stats 1:1 that you can get from zeek's 332 modded adaptive gear when you compare them to one another. Short of a hidden attribute being applied to PVP gear that isn't visible to players, it wouldn't make sense that the gear would be any different. In addition, unlike the mods from 6.0, 7.0+ Zeek's mods don't roll variable stats, they're all fixed and are based on the ilvl of the mod/armoring you have unlocked.

That said, there should be no fundamental difference between Thrysian PVP gear and mods/armoring you purchase via Zeek for adaptive gear at an equivalent ilvl unless you're specifically min-maxing and adding in stats that differ from the Thrysian fixed attribute gear.

Edited by Posixgod

Thyrsian artifact gear that you upgrade is technically made up of three artifact quality mods. Artifact armoring/hilt/barrel, artifact mod and artifact enhancement.

Through modded 332 you can only get the artifact enhancement at this point, the upper two are blue.

Last time I checked, artifact mods and gear give higher tertiary stats, like critical and alacrity and lower primary stats like endurance. Blue prototype gear gives higher endurance. Overall you'll have around the same stat pool but it will be distributed differently.

I prefer the one artifact piece as that way I know all three sub pieces are of artifact quality. When they update the Hyde and Zeek npcs to start carrying all artifact mods, I'll probably switch at that point. Until then, min/maxing is better with all artifact gear.

50 minutes ago, Monterone said:

Thyrsian artifact gear that you upgrade is technically made up of three artifact quality mods. Artifact armoring/hilt/barrel, artifact mod and artifact enhancement.

Through modded 332 you can only get the artifact enhancement at this point, the upper two are blue.

Last time I checked, artifact mods and gear give higher tertiary stats, like critical and alacrity and lower primary stats like endurance. Blue prototype gear gives higher endurance. Overall you'll have around the same stat pool but it will be distributed differently.

I prefer the one artifact piece as that way I know all three sub pieces are of artifact quality. When they update the Hyde and Zeek npcs to start carrying all artifact mods, I'll probably switch at that point. Until then, min/maxing is better with all artifact gear.

Except the blue armoring and mod and purple enhancement from Zeek have exactly the same stats as a Thyrsian piece. I don't think there will ever be artifact armorings and mods on Zeek. Put the blue (prototype) armoring and mod in a bracer and belt and they have the exact same stats as a Thyrsian bracer or belt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

Except the blue armoring and mod and purple enhancement from Zeek have exactly the same stats as a Thyrsian piece. I don't think there will ever be artifact armorings and mods on Zeek. Put the blue (prototype) armoring and mod in a bracer and belt and they have the exact same stats as a Thyrsian bracer or belt.

I thought that was the case but I couldn't say for sure because I had only tested this when it was 328 gear. Hadn't even bothered to test it when the ceiling when to 332, I just assumed it was the same. Good to hear this confirmed. 

Again as I said before the stat pool doesn't change, the vendors just give you the advantage of being able to min max ur stats immediately as opposed to grinding for comms and buying a static piece with whatever stats u need. 

3 hours ago, Bar-Da-Voya said:

You're right, it's exactly the same, I just added it up. My assumption was the gear was working as intended, it seems the blue prototype from H&Z are actually artifact, just mis-colored as prototype.

Thanks for the correction.