7.2 fixes

Ikya

Dear Bioware,

I have some suggestions :)

1. Remove lockout completely for leaving warzones.

2. Implement a solo queue for warzones.

3. Chat bubbles, its an mmo.

Thanks

PS. The lack of points 1 to 3 make other mmos looks a lot more desirable to me.

PPS. Did swtor get some competitors working from withing O_-

------------------------------------------

As a follow up: yesterday I got disconnected during a lagfest huttball where our team was being spawn camped at the starter area. Screen goes blank and a few seconds later shows me the server list.

How can you justify 20 minute -> 1 hour -> 6 hour lockouts when the tech isnt guaranteed to work?

Edited by Ikya

2 hours ago, Ikya said:

3. Chat bubbles, its an mmo.

We  alpha/beta testers  asked/begged for those ^  wayyyy back in 2011  and BioWare "promised"  we would eventually get them ( just like ESO later did ) .  However, 11+ years later , no dice. :(

In case you (or anyone else) is bored/interested, here's a brief stroll down memory-lane for your reading pleasure:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: my beloved SWG had the *best* chat-bubble system ever!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nee-Elder said:

Reason: my beloved SWG had the *best* chat-bubble system ever!

Thats one of the things I loved about SWG too.

When you think about the systems built into swg, it was all about encouraging collaboration, compared to the systems in wow and swtor which encourage toxicity. Then the wow devs try and create a social contract to get their players to play nice while they themselves created a toxic playground for them to play in.

Edited by Ikya

1 hour ago, Ikya said:

Thats one of the things I loved about SWG too.

When you think about the systems built into swg, it was all about encouraging collaboration,

Yep , the great architect Raph Koster ( whom i once had the honor of corresponding with briefly a few years ago ) used to call it:  Interdependence

1 hour ago, Ikya said:

, compared to the systems in wow and swtor which encourage toxicity.

Well, i don't know anything about WoW ( never played it, never wanted to ) .   As for SWTOR though:  i wouldn't say they encourage "toxicity" , but rather  in contrast to SWG's purity of community, BioWarEA made a decision long ago to encourage (and entice) players to depend on THEM , instead of  fostering the aforementioned  Community (for more prolonged content, crafting, creativity, etc. etc. ) .  -- aka the whole  'themepark vs. sandbox' debate. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: hyperlink to the old thread from 2011
  • Like 1