Disappointed but not surprised.

joshrva

Also I just wanted to say, for the people who don't realize that these pvp changes are bad. They are removing endgame which is just bad no matter how look you at it, and affects you more than you realize even if you participated didn't participate in that endgame. I've largely shifted to pve in 7.0, and even people who have never touched pvp in this game are leaving. I know regstars that are leaving because they're making the scoreboard ugly, I know regstars who are leaving because they had aspirations of doing ranked and now that's not a thing. People always say that the game is dying, that 7.0 would kill the game, that 6.0 would kill the game, etc., and I know that may be what I sound like to some of you, but believe me, taking away endgame is not the right move for the game's longevity, a game that already struggles with putting out content.

This is mainly a rant post, and I do see Bioware removing this, but seriously, it's not too late to just listen to your community, Bioware. Please.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, joshrva said:

Also I just wanted to say, for the people who don't realize that these pvp changes are bad. They are removing endgame which is just bad no matter how look you at it, and affects you more than you realize even if you participated didn't participate in that endgame. I've largely shifted to pve in 7.0, and even people who have never touched pvp in this game are leaving. I know regstars that are leaving because they're making the scoreboard ugly, I know regstars who are leaving because they had aspirations of doing ranked and now that's not a thing. People always say that the game is dying, that 7.0 would kill the game, that 6.0 would kill the game, etc., and I know that may be what I sound like to some of you, but believe me, taking away endgame is not the right move for the game's longevity, a game that already struggles with putting out content.

This is mainly a rant post, and I do see Bioware removing this, but seriously, it's not too late to just listen to your community, Bioware. Please.

In 4.0 they decided not to do a new ops just to do the story chapter and same at the begining of 5.0, only at mid/late 5.0 is that they released the best op the game has. 
If removing pvp has such a bad outcome on endgame and population in 8.0 they will probably relaunch it and pvp community can all point and laugh at them and say "told you so" 

Since 6.0, they have been herding/funneling players to endgame, just in gearing alone, there is no actual  crafting . 7.0 they added a new level sync that makes fights last longer adding to the don't spend your time in one place, and forget the other content on the planet, and move to end game.  worse, they  want you to be end game  level and  have no content for that level, well till 7.2 adds a planet that is end game level. The only planet you're not in level sync

1 minute ago, Sikssix said:

What do you mean by this?  Could you elaborate?

I think they're mostly referring to the PvP changes, I think

36 minutes ago, Sikssix said:

What do you mean by this?  Could you elaborate?

What do you think I mean by it. They're removing ranked pvp, the endgame of pvp. Regs =/= endgame.

35 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

Since 6.0, they have been herding/funneling players to endgame, just in gearing alone

I don't see what you mean by this. Sure, endgame gearing is attached to endgame content, but you only need that endgame gear for said endgame content. This is the same as in every other mmo I can think of.

37 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

7.0 they added a new level sync that makes fights last longer adding to the don't spend your time in one place, and forget the other content on the planet, and move to end game.  worse, they  want you to be end game  level and  have no content for that level, well till 7.2 adds a planet that is end game level. The only planet you're not in level sync

I agree that there is a lack of on level planets, but world content =/= endgame content and is irrelevant to the topic.

There are only two objective endgames, ranked pvp and nim raids. Imagine them just straight up removing nim raids, it would kill pve. Yes, not everyone does nim raids, but without nim raids there might as well not be hardmode or story mode raids. Same with pvp, without ranked pvp there are no regs.

24 minutes ago, joshrva said:

What do you think I mean by it. They're removing ranked pvp, the endgame of pvp. Regs =/= endgame.

I didn't think of the PVP side of it honestly, I thought you meant things like OPs or dailies and what have you. Thank you for clearing this up.  In all honesty though, ranked PVP was insanely toxic and that is something I never would want to get into again.  Literally did one match and it ended up with people giving me death threats through the game as well as some of them even finding my personal info and threatening me.  All from one match, the reason?  It was my first time being in ranked PVP, I needed the mat from the weekly (this was 6.0 era) and the team I was on intentionally threw the match because I had a little bit of accuracy.

Wasn't SWtOR a story Role playing Game ?  not really focused on PvP , but it has it, with WZ and GSF. did have PvP servers.

28 minutes ago, joshrva said:

I don't see what you mean by this

It's a different PoV

you can't craft your own gear with crew skills, basically after lvl 65. you Have to do end game material if you want better gear. in sense you have no choice if you want better gear.

sure you can craft up to lvl75 gear, but that's a waste of time and effort , the time it takes to reach 80 and just buying from NPC in fleet, is that far away from 75

ETA: I mostly agree with your OP

Edited by Achnaattwo
forgot something

17 minutes ago, Sikssix said:

I didn't think of the PVP side of it honestly, I thought you meant things like OPs or dailies and what have you. Thank you for clearing this up.  In all honesty though, ranked PVP was insanely toxic and that is something I never would want to get into again.  Literally did one match and it ended up with people giving me death threats through the game as well as some of them even finding my personal info and threatening me.  All from one match, the reason?  It was my first time being in ranked PVP, I needed the mat from the weekly (this was 6.0 era) and the team I was on intentionally threw the match because I had a little bit of accuracy.

I don't blame you for not wanting to go back in to ranked after that, but you are expected to know what you're doing going in to ranked, or at least show a desire to improve and an ability to listen to advice. Unfortunately, the population is far too small to be matched against players your skill as a new player, so players will inherently be toxic to you if you're there and throw games. But very few people will be toxic to you if you actually show up with at least some knowledge of how to play your class and show that you want to improve and are able to listen to what they tell you to do. They may be frustrated that they may lose a couple games with you on their team, but ultimately the population is too small to turn away players who want to improve. At the same time, the population is too small to not turn away players who have no desire to improve and simply want to farm mats or whatever and throw games, because games with those players will just always be unbalanced and unfun.

16 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

Wasn't SWtOR a story Role playing Game ?  not really focused on PvP , but it has it, with WZ and GSF. did have PvP servers.

Sure, and it also had massive amount of quality story content. Now it doesn't have the same amount of (new) quality story content, and the only reason for people who already did the story content to continue playing the game is endgame content.

16 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

It's a different PoV

you can't craft your own gear with crew skills, basically after lvl 65. you Have to do end game material if you want better gear. in sense you have no choice if you want better gear.

sure you can craft up to lvl75 gear, but that's a waste of time and effort , the time it takes to reach 80 and just buying from NPC in fleet, is that far away from 75

Fair enough. It would be cool if crafting had more meaning, right now it's pretty useless.

Edited by joshrva
grammar

18 minutes ago, joshrva said:

I don't blame you for not wanting to go back in to ranked after that, but you are expected to know what you're doing going in to ranked, or at least show a desire to improve and an ability to listen to advice. Unfortunately, the population is far too small to be matched against players your skill as a new player, so players will inherently be toxic to you if you're there and throw games. But very few people will be toxic to you if you actually show up with at least some knowledge of how to play your class and show that you want to improve and are able to listen to what they tell you to do. They may be frustrated that they may lose a couple games with you on their team, but ultimately the population is too small to turn away players who want to improve. At the same time, the population is too small to not turn away players who have no desire to improve and simply want to farm mats or whatever and throw games, because games with those players will just always be unbalanced and unfun.

The thing is, I have been playing since early beta, I believe I have enough awareness as well as able to adapt since I regularly run NiM content for years as well as recently run R4HM on a weekly basis.  I have also done a bit of PVP over the years too.  I never intend to throw any games as I want to enjoy it, whether win or lose, I play with what the goal is, never just try to get the most DPS/EHPS/Tankyspanky stuff.