The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why aren't event items in collections?

My best guess is that they aren't in Collections because BioWare thinks (thought?) that it is better to encourage us to play the event more.

And there's already stuff in Collections that isn't from the CM, e.g. the Remnant armour from the locked alliance crates, some of the Anniversary stuff, the Senya training holostatue...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 10:56 AM, illgot said:

You have to argue in terms EA understands, "think of all the CC you would get adding everything to collections!"

By that logic they would make all Cartel Market dyes available all the time. Same for pretty much every armor. But these guys seem to be allergic to profit.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Hrafnhildur said:

There are CM items that cannot be unlocked in collection, for example the Investigator armor set. I don't have it, but I saw it on a guild mate and he sent me a screenshot on discord with his collections, there isn't an unlock button. 

I'd guess that's one of those old sets that came with modifications pre-installed.  Indeed, both Swtorista and TOR-Fashion concur.  (The clue is the minimum level that isn't 1.)  None of those have ever been unlockable, because of those pre-installed modifications.  See Investigator set - Suggestion Box - SWTOR | Forums for my previous comments on possible solutions to this problem, and it was on a thread about this same set, no less.

On 11/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

That is exactly why.  There are multiple solutions for this:

• Make them unlockable, but make claimed copies have no modifications.
  • Make a new version that looks identical but is not pre-modded and rename the original from "Wossname" to "Classic Wossname" and call the new version "Wossname".
  • Make a "Reforged Wossname" that has updated geometry meshes and textures.

• Like 2