Togruta options

Vendettus

We got a fan favourite species several years ago with the togruta and, as much as I enjoy it, as is it leaves a lot to be desired. I wanted to give a few suggestions for how to make it from a lackluster species to a player favourite.

Customization options:

More colours-- black, greens, more shades of everything. 

Montrail options-- instead of all males and all females having the same shapes, allow for the different types seen in the Clone Wars shows.  

Lekku options-- some people don't mind them short, but a lot of players want them longer. Allow for scaling for the lekku length

Scars-- yes. Why wouldn't we have these?

Gear options:

Helmets-- As it is now, it seems like the lekku/montrails are a permanent helm that hides the hood.  This is an inelegant solution, but I would recommend a serious rework of how helmets work with the species in general-- instead of getting rid of the montrails/lekku, instead add an addition to each helmet that matches the texture in the shape of the montrails/lekku.  It wouldn't need to be perfect, but allowing for helmets to show there is a togruta underneath while still allowing them to wear helmets would be fantastic.  This is an option I would pay for.

Hoods--  Similarly to helmets, create a new hood category that goes over the existing "togruta helmet", allowing for them to wear hoods.  

Necks-- most armours include their neck piece with having a helmet equipped. Since Togrutas are basically always wearing their 'helmet', a lot of armours always look like they are just wearing a tshirt underneath.  Toggling a helmet 'on', if we cannot have other helmet options in the game, would be nice to have the neck piece shown going up to the character head.

So, I know this would require some serious rework of a the species. I would recommend making a togruta bundle, one that adds these options for CC, but one that also includes the species.  I know this can be done, but since its a daunting task and your resources are limited, I would urge you to make simple, elegant fixes to bring the togruta more in line with player expectations. 

It's a lot of work, I know, but if this game is going to survive it needs more than just the current player base to continue to play. Please consider making the togruta a priority again!

Thank you for your kind consideration.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 6:38 PM, Vendettus said:

So, I know this would require some serious rework of a the species. I would recommend making a togruta bundle, one that adds these options for CC, but one that also includes the species

There should also be a discounted version that doesn't include the species unlock, for people who already have it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 2:16 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

There should also be a discounted version that doesn't include the species unlock, for people who already have it.

Absolutely there needs to be a version for those who have the species already, and those who don't.

4 minutes ago, RevBurt said:

But can it be done properly without armor clipping?  My beef with Swtor.....so much armor clipping.

Clipping sucks, but its already a part of the game. Eleven years in, I'm not so worried about something clipping that I'm afraid of getting it at all.  I know it can be done, and I know they can even do a great job at it if they want.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Vendettus said:

Pity. Oh well! I'll continue evangelizing for more options! 

Devs, can you also consider making the montrals even? Once one realized that they aren't symmetrical it hurts the soul to look at them.

Sorry felleto, I know it's painful.

If it makes you feel better, check out these montral variants. Devs, please give us similar options!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.