The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Items, that can't be transferred to your legacy

We still have cartel items, mainly old cartel armor, such as "Dark Initiate's Robe", "Emergency Responder's Overcoat" and "Wayfarer's Robe" which can neither be bought from cartel market or be transferred (if you have it unlocked on your cartel collections). Only way to get these old armors is through the GTN or be very lucky when you open a Cartel Pack.

I don't know if this has been explained why multiple old cartel armor cannot be transferred to your legacy characters despite having them unlocked. But I think it would be very nice if we could be able to transfer all these very old cartel items to your characters throughout your legacy.

1 hour ago, LordOfMonkeys said:

I don't know if this has been explained why multiple old cartel armor cannot be transferred to your legacy characters despite having them unlocked.

Probably  just another  oversight , which tends to happen a lot with  the ridiculous  'Cartel Market'  $ystem.

Because  BioWare's  'Art Department' (or  'Cartel Department' )  codes into the game files  many items that either don't go onto the PTS  for player testing (so they can maintain the re-skin secrecy) before being released to live servers  and/or  don't even get tested internally by their  small  QA Team.

So that leaves the Devs  having to play  clean-up ....over & over & over  again & again.

Inevitably some things slip thru the code cracks. :(

On 11/9/2022 at 4:18 PM, LordOfMonkeys said:

(if you have it unlocked on your cartel collections).

Those armour pieces / sets cannot be unlocked at all, even for just one character, because they are ancient pieces/sets that came equipped with modifications.  Those modifications are why they aren't unlockable.

There have been multiple suggestions for how to resolve this, at least:

• Have claimed copies be "empty", without the modifications.
  • Make a new set that looks like the old one but is unlockable and empty, then change the names so the original is "Classic Wossname" and the new one is "Wossname".
  • Make a new "Reforged Wossname" set with tweaked / modernised looks.
  • Like 1