"Looting this currency.."

bluehufsa

We all know the drill, "looting this currency would put you over the cap", which, frankly, is extremely annoying. Why cap the various currencies at 2500? Why not 10k? 11? Or just put the overflow in a sort of escrow? 

There is nothing to spend some currencies on, for example OP catalysts, so they just pile up and are never ever going to be used, because none of my characters needs any upgrades anymore. 

How about a way to exchange the unwanted currencies for something? Like tech fragments or companion gifts or I don't know, something useful. What do you people think? 

If they allow you to save too many resources, there is no reason to keep you playing after new upgrades are available.

Lets say they allow you to stack 10k of the PvP currency. Now when the new PvP set is raised to 330 people who PvP a lot will instantly upgrade all their sets due to the saved up 10k PvP tokens.

But if the cap is low, then those active PvP players will be forced to keep playing after the new update to upgrade everything since the cap is low.

It is the difference of allowing players to keep earning resources doing what they would normally do or restrict those resources to a low cap and force players to keep playing after the upgrade to afford what they want.

Remember, the longer we have to keep our subscription active and the longer we interact with the game, the more money Bioware makes.

Edited by illgot

12 minutes ago, illgot said:

If they allow you to save too many resources, there is no reason to keep you playing after new upgrades are available.

Lets say they allow you to stack 10k of the PvP currency. Now when the new PvP set is raised to 330 people who PvP a lot will instantly upgrade all their sets due to the saved up 10k PvP tokens.

But if the cap is low, then those active PvP players will be forced to keep playing after the new update to upgrade everything since the cap is low.

It is the difference of allowing players to keep earning resources doing what they would normally do or restrict those resources to a low cap and force players to keep playing after the upgrade to afford what they want.

Remember, the longer we have to keep our subscription active and the longer we interact with the game, the more money Bioware makes.

OK, you are right about the PvP currency, but what about the others? Once I got my first set of 330 items, I got enough doubles to dress my army of characters (14 BH, 4 Consulars, 2 sorcerers, 2 SW, 1 operative, 2 troopers). Now what to do with the currencies I have no use for anymore? 

41 minutes ago, bluehufsa said:

OK, you are right about the PvP currency, but what about the others? Once I got my first set of 330 items, I got enough doubles to dress my army of characters (14 BH, 4 Consulars, 2 sorcerers, 2 SW, 1 operative, 2 troopers). Now what to do with the currencies I have no use for anymore? 

The conquest currencies can be traded for tech frags, which I am sure u are aware.  The Tech frags can be used to purchase OEM's or RPM's from the same vendor.  You can sell these for a hefty price or you can save them to make the gold augs which u can use or sell for a couple of bill.  

I cannot stand that there is nothing to do with the pvp currency.  In fact, I quit worrying about trying to figure out ways to dump them.  

1 hour ago, bluehufsa said:

The only thing you can do is buy pvp gear and deconstruct it for a paltry amount of tech frags. I have a few hundred weekly pvp boxes sitting on my characters I'll never have to worry about using tokens to upgrade my pvp gear.

Edited by illgot

2 hours ago, bluehufsa said:

We all know the drill, "looting this currency would put you over the cap", which, frankly, is extremely annoying. 

I don't care about the 'caps' but the 'looting this currency...' thing is annoying. Especially when it keeps you from gathering resources. 

• Like 4

On 10/29/2022 at 2:53 AM, illgot said:

the core point here isnt "saving resources", its that other than gear upgrades there is NOTHING you can use those currencies for, and just changing the cap (which they already did recently from 999 to 1200) won't fix the core problem

and considering that a 326->328 major piece upgrade for pvp gear currently costs 55 accelerant, it'd have to be a pretty steep jump for the potential 328->330 upgrade so that people with their current "stockpile" of 1200 accelerant wont be able to upgrade immediately, never mind that "pvp gear" isnt different in any way from other gear so if pvp bolster gets upped to 330, they'll just use their existing 330 gear in pvp

On 10/29/2022 at 4:15 AM, Nickodemous said:

The conquest currencies can be traded for tech frags, which I am sure u are aware.  The Tech frags can be used to purchase OEM's or RPM's from the same vendor.  You can sell these for a hefty price or you can save them to make the gold augs which u can use or sell for a couple of bill.  

I cannot stand that there is nothing to do with the pvp currency.  In fact, I quit worrying about trying to figure out ways to dump them.  

if it wasn't for the conquest commendations conversion that's already available, I'd think Bioware either a) want the currencies to be constantly capped or b) want players to stop playing after they get close to or reach the various currency caps

they certainly haven't acknowledged any of the posts discussing this issue