If only PvP/GSF Dailies and Weeklies worked like Galactic Season

illgot

0/45: Earn Warzone Medals (1 point per medal). Earn an additional progress point for becoming 'Highly Decorated' by earning 8 Medals in a single match.

Daily could be 16 Warzone Medals.

this would eliminate some of the AFKing we see in unranked PvP and almost completely eliminate the self destructing we see in GSF.

If you aren't earning medals you aren't finishing your dailies and weeklies.

People afk / self destruct even without galactic seasons in GSF because the rewards way outpace any other content. The way to reduce that is to get those players out of GSF and doing something else they actually want to participate in, like make the weekly mmfp or veteran uprisings weekly mission the same as GSF for example. 

And also flatten the irating for gear across content so anything is viable to be more like 6.0... but that's probably a pipe dream at this point.

Edited by waisting
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, waisting said:

People afk / self destruct even without galactic seasons in GSF because the rewards way outpace any other content. The way to reduce that is to get those players out of GSF and doing something else they actually want to participate in, like make the weekly mmfp or veteran uprisings weekly mission the same as GSF for example. 

And also flatten the irating for gear across content so anything is viable to be more like 6.0... but that's probably a pipe dream at this point.

Not sure I understand your reply correctly

did you reply to the right thread ? Are you sure you understood correctly ? or am I just reading into it wrong  ?

Basically how I read OP , you wouldn't get any reward or credit, if you stayed AFK, or self destruct,  no medals,=means no points, no points= no completion/reward , you just don't get daily/weekly.

On 10/26/2022 at 6:01 AM, illgot said:

0/45: Earn Warzone Medals (1 point per medal). Earn an additional progress point for becoming 'Highly Decorated' by earning 8 Medals in a single match.

Daily could be 16 Warzone Medals.

this would eliminate some of the AFKing we see in unranked PvP and almost completely eliminate the self destructing we see in GSF.

If you aren't earning medals you aren't finishing your dailies and weeklies.

I'd be interested in seeing Bioware test this out. Just make a change like this for a few months in the live game and see what happens. It might help or it might cause other side effects, but there's no way to know until it's tested. It's not something that can be tested on PTS. It needs to be available to the whole player base to see what happens.

2 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

did you reply to the right thread ? Are you sure you understood correctly ? or am I just reading into it wrong  ?

Basically how I read OP , you wouldn't get any reward or credit, if you stayed AFK, or self destruct,  no medals,=means no points, no points= no completion/reward , you just don't get daily/weekly.

I think they were trying to say that the only reason this happens is because GSF is so much more rewarding than other endgame activities. In theory, if they buffed other activities to have the same level of reward, players would stick to the content they enjoy, meaning GSF matches would only have players who want to be there and actually play. Waisting is just offering another possible solution to the problem.

39 minutes ago, waisting said:

This is generally true, but one thing to remember is that GSF queues were pretty slow in 6.0 (over an hour outside prime time). Back then, uprisings were the least played activity followed closely by GSF, so it's sort of a "pick your poison" situation. Either you have fast queues with lots of afk / self-destruct players or slow queues with players that actually want to be there and play. So the question for the dedicated GSF players is: Are you willing to put up with long queues if it means better matches? How long is too long?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

Yeah I wasn't too clear. I mean to say that people who are AFKing / self destructing in GSF are clearly not enjoying that content. Instead of making GSF weeklies harder for people who enjoy it but maybe aren't so good at it, bring other weekly content in line with GSF so the people who hate it can just go do what they actually want instead. 

It's not uncommon for someone to try their best in GSF and get just a couple of medals, or if they're new they might try hard all match and get maybe 1. It would take them forever to get the weekly done and that just doesn't sound fun or incentivizing. Players who aren't as skilled for any number of reasons including being new or facing disabilities would be seriously hindered by a change to requiring medals.

I'm more in the "make the game fun / rewarding for as many people as possible" camp when it comes to stuff like this. I love GSF, but I'm totally fine with people being bad on my team as long as they're trying and having fun or learning at their own pace. 

30 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

This is generally true, but one thing to remember is that GSF queues were pretty slow in 6.0 (over an hour outside prime time). Back then, uprisings were the least played activity followed closely by GSF, so it's sort of a "pick your poison" situation. Either you have fast queues with lots of afk / self-destruct players or slow queues with players that actually want to be there and play. So the question for the dedicated GSF players is: Are you willing to put up with long queues if it means better matches? How long is too long?

Totally! But I feel GSF is more established now than it was 2 years ago. As long as the rewards don't get nerfed (both the weekly and conquest) I don't see it dipping too far. 

• Thanks 1

I reread that a few times , I just couldn't get it, I figured the reply was wrong, or I was somewhere else.

Thanks for clarifying for me

I always enjoyed GSF, till lately, for some reason I'm doing worse.  there have been times no metals . I recall  it took me a long time to adjust how to pilot.

never really found my average  in medals earn, but I'm sure it's 8-11, but like  I said earlier, there has been zero, and that's just Bad match for me.  and  I hit that launch button again

Edited by Achnaattwo
medals not metals . . tho Im sure I do earn sharpnel . . spelling
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2022 at 8:04 PM, waisting said:

Totally! But I feel GSF is more established now than it was 2 years ago. As long as the rewards don't get nerfed (both the weekly and conquest) I don't see it dipping too far. 

I agree here.  I will say though that GS has certainly helped.  The first season is what got me into GSF.  

Also, I don't necessarily think that there are many "afk'ing", I think it has more to do with skill.  There is a significant learning curve involved with GSF.  I am not trying to be ugly, but there is a dramatic difference in skill between a vet and a player who is trying GSF out for GS reasons. 

On 10/30/2022 at 11:47 AM, Nickodemous said:

I agree here.  I will say though that GS has certainly helped.  The first season is what got me into GSF.  

Also, I don't necessarily think that there are many "afk'ing", I think it has more to do with skill.  There is a significant learning curve involved with GSF.  I am not trying to be ugly, but there is a dramatic difference in skill between a vet and a player who is trying GSF out for GS reasons. 

the AFK tag in GSF needs to be updated. I have seen support bombers get kicked out of games even though they are providing a hypergate or repairs/missiles to players. They aren't being attacked or directly attacking because they aren't in combat but are playing an important support role.

in a TDM a single suicider can almost guarantees you will lose the game. Even if they are only suiciding when they get the AFK tag, that's about 5-6 dealths per match. I have seen people go a straight 15 suicides, zero kills, zero assists, zero damage, zero medals, zero defender points.

Edited by illgot